06 - Does everyone agree?

Previously in the last chapter

"We will definitely help you, no matter what.But we have to go now, not that Mrs. Nelson is wondering where we are, since we just wanted to go to the bathroom. But I promise you that we will come back and help you. You can do it. I believe in you. Just keep holding on a little longer, okay?" Tony said with a kind look on his face.

I nodded and guided them to the door. They said goodbye quietly so that no one would hear us and then they went down the stairs.

I tried to hear if Mrs. Nelson had anything to say about why they were gone so long, but she did not.

I heard them say that they would be back in a short while to decide, but I didn't know exactly what they meant. Then they said goodbye and the door closed.

Now I was alone again. Alone here in this house with Mrs. Nelson. Sure, the other children were still there, but that never bothered Mrs. Nelson when it came to punishing me for something.

Since it was already evening, I got ready for bed and lay down.

I thought about today's events all evening and hoped so much that the two of them would find some kind of solution.

At some point I was so exhausted from thinking that I finally fell asleep kind of peacefully.

(Present time)

~Tony's Pov~

After Pepper and I quietly said goodbye to Y/n, we headed down the stairs. We both hoped that Mrs. Nelson wouldn't ask any questions about why we were gone for so long.

Arriving at the very bottom of the stairs, we spotted her waiting at the kitchen island. We walked up to her and first thanked her for letting us be here.

"We'll call when we decide," Pepper said.

"I have one more quick question," I said just before we were about to leave. "How fast would it go if we decided to have a kid here? In other words, how quickly could we sign the papers and eventually take the orphan home?"

Ms. Nelson looked a bit surprised at first, because of the question, but quickly responded with "As soon as you have decided, you can contact us. We will then make an appointment. This is usually one day after the phone call. When you are here you have to do the formal things, sign everything possible and then you will be given the needed things for the child. This means all the important paperwork, as well as the documents for the health insurance or something similar.Once these things are all taken care of, we will let the chosen child know and then they will have time to pack all their stuff. In the meantime, the adoptive parents are waiting downstairs and we go through all the documents again, so that no mistakes happen. In the meantime, the adoptive parents are waiting downstairs and we go through all the documents again, so that no mistake happens. If the child is done packing and all the documents are correct, you can take the child and from then on you take full responsibility for the child."

I was surprised how fast it all goes, but on the other hand happy and relieved that if we really decide to adopt Y/n and get her out of here, that it will be quick and she won't have to stay here forever.

Me and Pepper thanked her again and then left the orphanage.

We got into the car together. Pepper got in the passenger seat and I got in the driver's seat. It's not that often that I drive because usually Happy drives, but today I wanted to drive so that Pepper and I had a little time to ourselves after we left the orphanage.