1.

The thunder clouds rolled in unexpectedly, surprising anybody who had the thought the day before was sunny and clear. It was about midnight when the storm decided to strike, leaving the entirety of the small town covered in rain. Giant blue voluptuous clouds covered the sky, roaring with a loud rumble and bright flashing lightning. The whole town was drenched in the murky rain, leaving the outside of it nothing but a death trap of a slip and slide. Although anybody with a brain could have figured this out, the TV broadcast went off anyways.

At exactly 1:02 a.m, Everett's hotel room TV blared on, causing Everett to immediately jump out of bed and stare at the TV. The TV displayed an extremely creepy sound, an electronic beeping with a super scratchy voice over it, reading off the alert. On the TV it read:

"Citizens are advised to stay indoors from 1:02 a.m to 2 p.m. The weather outside may cause massive flooding, fires, and many more. Please take proper precautions and stay indoors, and avoid driving in this weather. If driving, pull over to an immediate stop and find the nearest public building. There may also be excessive winds as well, so please stay away from windows. That is all for now. Future updates will come within an hour or two."

The high-pitched beeping began to play again, causing Everett to freeze in place. Oh god. No. Everett got up from his stale bed and flipped the light switch on the wall, illuminating the room. It was a basic single bed hotel room, with a box TV on a cheap table in front of it. Near the bed sat a two-person wooden dining table, which was admittedly where Everett's phone was charging. Everett grabbed his blue suitcase off the green-carpeted floor and slammed it on the bed, and opened it with panic.

"Oh for fuck's sake....Where are they?!" Everett mumbled to himself, a loud clap of thunder making him flinch. 

He couldn't find them anywhere. He needed his earplugs. Did he forget to pack them? Everett looked in his suitcase and panicked, throughing clothes all over the hotel room, making a gigantic mess. To no prevail, the earplugs where not in the suitcase. Everett looked around the room, and made a beline for the cheap bathroom, almost ripping the door off it's hinges when opening it. He scrambled through every nook and cranny, finding nothing.

Another thunderclap roared, sending Everett down onto the floor with his hands over his ears. He scanned the room for a moment, and laid his eyes on a small dry washrag. With a quick scramble, His ears were covered, and he began to calm down. His breathing began to slow, and his heart rate began to slow down, as he kept his eyes shut tight. The thing about Everett, was that anytime I gigantic storm rolls in (Or fireworks), his first instinct is to plug his ears. He hated the sound. It reminded him a lot of.....

The sound of an alarm buzzing played in the middle of the room, causing Everett to unplug his ears. The storm had quieted down a tremendous amount, now only being a slight rumble. Everett slowly lifted himself off of the ground and left the bathroom. He tracked down the blaring noise and found an alarm clock on the nightstand next to the bed. He fiddled with it for a moment before shutting it off. "Now why the hell..." Everett whispered, rolling his eyes.

Somebody must have accidently set the alarm off from the night before. That, or Everett was an idiot enough to set the watch to a.m instead of p.m. Either way, the stupid thing went off, and now because of this terrible storm, Everett isn't gonna get any sleep tonight. Great. Just perfect. Everett sat down on the bed and thought long and hard for a moment about what he was gonna do next. There was no point in going back to sleep, now that this random out of nowhere storm hit. He eventually decided that he would go downstairs and ask the hotel manager for earplugs. Surely they would have some. Right?

Everett made his way out of the hotel room and walked down the hallway, only to see more people outside their rooms as well. There was couple playing Uno on the floor, a family ordering a the vending machines, and a woman staring at her phone blankly, like a zombie who had just had it's first set of brains. Everett rolled his eyes and continued to walk, until reaching the elevator. Suprisingly, the power wasn't out. Atleast, not yet. As he got into the elevator, he thankfully sighed as he realized there was nobody with him. Those have to be the most awkward situations on the entire planet. 

The elevator finished it's steep climb and opened it's doors, in which Everett made his way out of. He walked into the hotel lobby, which was quite casual. There was a living room like setup, complete with a bunch of couches and a TV. There were also a few fancy things like a small rock waterfall, and a statue of what appeared to be some kind of goose. Everett found the main office, and went up to the employee nervously. "Hello Sir! How may I help you?" The lady said happy, quite the contrast to the current situation.

"Hello yes..." Everett started, very timidly. "...Do you guys by chance have uh- earplugs? Or headphones of any sort? I would go buy them but the storm..."

"Um...I'll take a look around." The lady said, confusion tracing her voice. "In the meantime, feel free to grab something from the cafe. There is a free deal on waffles right now!" She said fakely, walking away to look for earplugs.

Everett walked away from the counter and walked into the cafe room. It wasn'[t really a cafe at all. It was more or less just a bunch of wooden tables and a counter with breakfast stuff on it. Everett made his way through the room and sat down near the edge of the window, staring outside at the rain. The rain was louder, but Everett tried his best to ignore it. The sight of the storm itself was actually quite cool. He held two uncomfortable hands against his arms and started to rock back and forth. This was an odd situation. To be in the middle of nowhere with a gigantic storm upon him, hours away from his safe haven at his old home, this was gonna be a nightmare.

Upon watching the window, he heard the faint sound of soft footsteps behind him. Not heavy scary footsteps, but small, almost delicate footsteps. He chose to ignore it, figuring it was someone else who was awoken by the storm. But as they got louder, he began to doubt that thought.

Before he could react promptly, a hand tapped his shoulder, and Everett turned around.

Hello guys! Thank you so much for reading! This was a horrible chapter I know. But things will spice up quickly :)