8.

The room went completely silent, and the two went silent. Everett stared at Pete for a moment, trying to process what he had just asked about the younger man. His heart was pounding at the speed of light, and his face grew a considerable amount of temperature like someone had blown a hairdryer into his face. Pete looked almost ashamed at the question, looking down at his hands which were promptly placed in front of him. Everett eventually broke the silence. "You uh...you want to kiss me?" Everett asked him silently.

"...Yeah." That was all Pete said, leaving them in the silent abyss again.

Everett looked around the room and scanned it, before turning back towards Pete. "Uh...How old are you Pete?" Everett asked him, making Pete's eyes go wide.

"Uh...40." He said quietly, looking down at his hands again.

Everett looked up for a moment and thought to himself. "...Eh. Good enough."

Pete looked up at him in confusion and Everett closed the gap between them, planting a soft and short kiss on Pete's lips. They were soft, almost like a woman's lips. It was strange how this old ass man had Everett's complete heart and soul already, even if they had just met not even a few hours ago. But Everett didn't care one bit. It had been years since he had any type of action. And this pretty attractive man who was giving him company was making Everett get weird butterflies in his stomach every time he took a breath. So this would be just fine. Everett pulled away and looked at Pete, who was in shock. A few moments passed between them until the two melded back into each other and kissed again, it being a much more natural gesture this time.

Fireworks filled the room, as the two simply enjoyed each other's presence. It was only them together in the room, and it was an odd experience. But they wouldn't have it any other way. The two eventually pulled away for air and looked for each other, both trying to catch their breath. "Hey, Pete? Just to be clear...This isn't weird right?" Everett asked innocently.

"Uh...No? We are just friends..." Pete said quietly, before pulling Everett closer and leaning against him.

"Can we stay friends?" Everett asked quietly, leaning into Pete's touch.

Pete smiled at him. "Of course we can. You know...we can't really date or anything cause I'm like 40, and you are?" Pete started.

"29." Everett said, letting Pete continue.

"Yeah...I'd like to keep in contact with you, you seem really sweet, but you know we can't date." Pete said quietly, looking down at his feet.

"That's okay. Besides, where do you even live?" Everett asked Pete, getting his attention.

"I live in Maine."

"Shit. I live in LA." 

The two laughed together. Everett held his hand out for the shaking position. "Friends?" He said softly.

Pete shook his hand. "Friends." He said firmly, before kissing Everett again.

-0-

The rest of the night went by incredibly fast. The two had fallen asleep on the bed together while snuggling each other, enjoying each other's warmth. They slept in for a very long time, completely beating out the storm. The next morning they had parted ways with a friendly hug and exchanged numbers. The storm had died and Everett had made it to his family's house and celebrated Thanksgiving with them. It was the best Thanksgiving he had ever had, but not only because of the great food, but because Pete had sent him a picture with his relatives enjoying dinner as well.

The two ended up becoming pretty good friends and visited each other a few times. The first few times went how you would have expected it to (big romantic mess) but eventually, they both mellowed out and became good friends. Because of Pete's kindness, Everett had gained confidence and found himself in a stable relationship with a wonderful woman. Because of Pete, Everett learned to love again. And all thanks to that storm, Everett would have never found happiness. The two still keep in contact.

I rushed the hell out of this ending, I know. But I wanted to get this done. Thank you for reading and drop story suggestions! Love you!!