7.

"Oh thank god!" Everett yelled as he ran out of the elevator, laying down on the floor.

Pete walked out of the elevator slowly and gave Everett a slightly disappointed look. The hallway was empty, unlike before When Everett was first walking down. Maybe everybody had decided to go back to bed. Everett got off the floor and walked over to Pete, and gave his should a slight pat. "Thank god we are out of there. Freedom!" Everett said loudly, making Pete laugh a little.

After a few minutes of celebrating, Everett calmed down and walked to his room, Pete following closely behind him. As the two made their way down the hallway, a gentle hand tugged Everett's shoulder and made him stop. Everett turned around to face Pete, and Pete looked at him with a smile. "You know...I should probably get going soon. Leave you be." Pete said quietly, his hands behind his back.

Everett walked closer to Pete. "Do you have anywhere to be?" Everett asked, beginning to feel sad.

"No- I just want to make sure you aren't uncomfortable with me being here with you. We just met after all." Pete said quietly, not facing Everett.

Everett smiled a little. "You know too much. Besides, I like your company." He said confidently, making Pete look back at him.

"....Are you sure?" Pete asked timidly.

"Of course I am. Come on I'll make us some popcorn or something." Everett replied.

Pete only nodded his head and smiled, as the two began to walk to Everett's room. After a couple of minutes, the two arrived at the door. Everett took out his room key from his pocket and opened the door, and the two walked inside. Pete hesitated at first, before entering. As the light in the bedroom turned on, Everett's face turned a shade of pink. The room was a complete mess from earlier, clothes covering the bedroom. "I'm sorry-" Everett started.

"Ah, it's okay. My room is worse." Pete cut him off, walking over to the bed.

He plopped down on the side of the bed and kicked off his boots, as Everett picked up the room around him. The TV was still on from before, and broadcasting the latest updates on the storm. Nothing seemed to be slowing down as of late. It almost seemed like the storm was worse than before. The outside window was closed off with curtains and the A/C was still on, blocking out some of the noise. Everett eventually finished picking up the room and looked over at Pete, who was watching the TV. The sight made him smile. My GOD, he is cute, Everett thought to himself, before snapping out of it. "So the storm is kind of calming down. It might pick back up early in the morning." Pete said, updating Everett on the storm. "Are you gonna be okay?"

"...Yeah, I'll be okay." Everett said quietly, walking over to the bed.

Everett sank into the bed and watched the TV, as Pete looked over at him. Everett looked over at Pete for a moment and the two made eye contact, which made Everett's mouth go dry.

Pete smiled and jumped up over to the bed and laid next to him, and smiled. Everett smiled back at him, the two of them sharing a moment. The room went silent, and the two just stared at each other. For a moment, Everett almost contemplated kissing the other man, but that of course would not happen. Everett turned away from Pete for a moment and reached towards the nightstand and grabbed his phone. He scrolled through it for a moment, before deciding to make a risky move. "Hey, Pete...If you don't mind, can I have a picture with you?" Everett asked shyly before Pete smiled.

"Of course you can! I'll take one myself!" Pete bubbled, making Everett blush.

Everett opened up his camera and held it up in a selfie mode, as Pete got closer. The camera accidentally went out of focus, forcing Everett to fix the settings on his phone. As he did this, Pete scooted closer to Everett and put his arm around Everett's shoulder, and held up his phone. Everett leaned into the touch and put his hand around the older man's waist. At first, he got an innocent picture, just the two of them smiling. But then, Pete turned towards Everett...

And planted a kiss right on his cheek.

The picture was taken and Pete put his phone down, leaving Everett a blushing mess. Pete only laughed, reviewing the two pictures he took. Everett let out a shaky laugh. "Ok...My turn." Everett said quietly.

Everett held up his phone and leaned his head on Pete's shoulder, as they both smiled at the camera. Afterward, Pete kissed his head as Everett smiled again, taking another picture. Everett set his phone down and looked at Pete with a smile. "You swooner." He said laughing.

Pete laughed back with all of his charm, and leaned into Everett, hugging him. Everett hugged back and wrapped himself around Pete, laughing into his shoulder. This shit is really happening. And you know what? I don't care at all. This is nice. Everett thought to himself with a smile. The two continued to wrap around each other like a pretzel, enjoying each other's warmth. This was escalating so fast, and Everett loved every second of it. Maybe he really was this touch starved. But honestly, who cares. After a few minutes, Pete backed away from their position and stood up out of bed. "Hey Everett, can I have a pair of clothes?" Pete asked innocently.

"Yeah, but they may not fit you. I'm a little taller than you." Everett said with a laugh.

"I'll be just fine. Pete replied, taking his shirt off in the process.

Like a dog seeing a treat, Everett couldn't keep his eyes off of Pete as he undressed. the best way to describe him was fluffy, but also incredibly muscular. Basically society's standards of a dad bod. It was kind of awkward that Pete was changing right here, but Everett had no complaints. Don't get Everett started on when he took his shorts off. He didn't think he could be attracted to thighs before, but he was dead wrong.

Pete finished changing and sat back down on the bed and the two stared at each other for a moment. All Everett could look at were his eyes, which shined in the dimly lit room. A few minutes passed in between them until Pete broke the silence. "Hey, uh-Everett?" He said quietly.

"Yeah?" Everett replied with a smile.

"Can I uh....." Pete took a deep breath, before continuing.

"Can I kiss you?"

The Morning Storm (MxM)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें