The Sisters

Theodore ran towards the unconscious girl in Angela's arms.

"Stay back. She has multiple fractures and two bullet wounds and various other unknown injuries. Touching in the wrong place right now might mean one extra surgery." Angela said as her hands continuously moved to perform professional procedures to stop blood loss as soon as possible.

Theodore immediately stopped himself from touching Anna but looked anxiously at her, not knowing what to do ease her pain. His eyes then fell on Angela's hands that were continuously moving around Anna. Her hands were steady without even a bit of shiver and her face although didn't have its usual gentle and warm smile, neither did it have any panic or heartache. It was like she was treating a stranger, someone completely unrelated to her and not her sister.

A pair of footsteps were heard and Mrs Parish rushed rushed to Angela's side. "How's... how's she?" Her voice was shaky and choked. Looking at her precious little daughter in such a state, she felt her entire being was ripped apart.

"Sterelised the wounds and administered the hemostat. After fixing cast for the the body, we'd be good to take her to the ambulance. The first thing we need to do is get rid of the bullets and close any other major wounds. After that we can do an X-ray to find out how many bones are broken." Angela replied in a professional tone but her hand was still moving while she spoke.

Her brother and father arrived together at this very moment. Mr Parish almost collapsed while Oliver stood frozen on the spot as he looked at his precious little sister. Mrs Parish was a crying mess on the side. Soon Astrid also came running towards their direction and almost screamed out loud by seeing the condition of her best friend on the floor. Her hands shook and she couldn't bare to keep looking anymore.

The Ambulance soon arrived with two wardboys and one nurse.

Each and everyone except the police present here were powerfull and strong figure that could shake the world with their one look. But at this second, none of them gave off that powerfull aura. They looked like ordinary people, helpless in front of a calamity, fate had pushed their way.

That's not right. There was still one person who kept herself calm and steady at this time. Angela quickly finished treating Anna as best as she could at the given condition and then calmly ordered the medical staff to carefully put Anna into the Ambulance.

Everyone was a bit confused. Wasn't the relationship between the two sisters extremely close. Why was Angela so indifferent to Anna's severe injuries. Although they were not life threatening as they managed to reach her in time but it wasn't a light injury as well. They were even not sure wether Anna could walk out completely unharmed without loosing a limb or two or not. But there wasn't even a frown on her face. It was important to be calm at difficult times but wasn't this a bit too calm. It almost felt like Angela didn't even care about her sister.

The entire family boarded the Ambulance and they rushed towards the hospital. When they reached the hospital, Mr Parish demanded for the most senior doctor to check her daughter immediately. The whole hospital was in chaos, moving frantically to save the girl as soon as they could.

Anna was directly brought into the operation theatre and was operated for almost eight hours. And after that kept in the intensive care unit for 24 hours. All this time no one of her family slept a wink and just kept anxiously waiting outside her ward.

The doctors operated on Anna as quickly as they could. It turned out that the injuries on Anna's body was not that simple. Visibly, the girl had been in a very fierce fight. Almost all her limbs were broken and the bullets only misssed the vital points by mere inches. Especially her limbs, it was like her attackers tried to disable her. It was only fortunate that no major tendon was broken and hopefully she'd be able to walk properly. On top of all these, there were numerous skin wounds on her making her look extremely hideous when she was rolled out of the operation theatre.

Thankfully, doctor announced that she was out of danger after this. But the degree to which she could recover from the injuries will only be evaluated after she gained consciousness. But due to the degree of severity of her injuries, she had to remain in medically induced coma for the time being.

Theodore almost collapsed on the floor listening to him. Unlike others he hadn't been pacing back and forth outside the ward. He simply stood there with his back straight and fist clenched, he stood like a rod for the past 32 hours that Anna was in danger.

Thankfully.... Thankfully she's okay. She's alive. His body lost its strength as he directly collapsed on the floor. The rest didn't matter. As long as she was alive, everything is well and good. No matter what, she had to live. So what if her body is disabled. She'd still be just as precious to him as she has always been. If she lost her courage, he'll be her courage. If she lost her will to live, he'll be her fire. No matter what, he'll not let her feel inferior and self conscious. As long as she's alive, everything is fine.

Right at this moment he heard a "fool" from side. He turned around to see Angela looking at the ward door expressionlessly. Her face didn't show any happiness that her sister was out danger. It looked like this matter didn't have anything to do with her at all, like the person inside was not her sister but a stranger. He didn't know why, but the feeling Angela gave him right now was... Eery.

Then she turned around and looked at her parents. "Mum, dad, Oli, I've something important to take care of. Since Anna is out of danger, I'll be taking my leave."

"What? Anna has not even gained consciousness. We don't even know the degree of severity of her injuries and you wanna leave right now because of some work?" Astrid asked in disbelief. She didn't understand what so important. Although she had been a bit rude to Angela, she always believed that Angela loved Anna just as dearly as Anna loved Angela and was just misguided for a bit and needed a bit of counciling. But looking at it now, it feels as though she doesn't give a damn.

Just then, Oliver held her hand and indicated her to not speak a word. Then she saw her father-in-law nodding indifferently like he didn't give a damn while her mother-in-law and husband kept on looking forward like they didn't hear a thing that Angela said.

Astrid at this moment was at a loss. Looking at her husband and then in-laws. Ever since the moment she got married into the Parish family, not for a moment she thought that it was not her family. But suddenly at this moment, she felt like she was not a part of them. Like she didn't understand them.