Shares

Anna:

Mom and dad went on the stage after a while. The celebration was at its last phase and they went to thank all the guest and I, like always was uninterested in talking to anyone else except her family.

What irritated me the most was the Collin family though. I really didn't know where my sister found such pretentious and greedy people? But then again, Angela always could find such assholes. Just when I thought I have seen enough, the next person would be a step ahead of the last. I really didn't have the patience anymore.

As a result, right now carried an extremely pitiful face for the torture I faced from Mrs Collin as I gave a stinky eye to my elder but childish brother who was snickering at my misfortune while wondering how to get rid of Mrs Collin's hand which was holding her in a vice like grip while flattering me.

Stupid elder brother. Instead of helping me in such perilous time, he is making fun of me. Just wait for my revenge after this.

The thank you speech went on for some time and soon the guests began to leave. "Alright, so that's done. Now I have some gift for you." Dad said.

"Gift?" I asked.

"Yup." Dad nodded.

"Why?" I asked again.

"Because.... Just because." My brother said.

"I hate surprises." I grumbled.

"Well... You'll love this one." Mom said.

"That's what you said the last time." I grumbled and everyone else snorted. Dad brought out a bag in front of me. I opened it curiously to see what they gifted and me and was shocked out of my mind to see what was on the papers.

"How… why… when… dad, why would you do this?" I asked first dumfolded then annoyed.

"What is it?" Carolina asked curiously making me more irritated. Collins will surly make a hill out of a mole.

"We gifted Anna our shares of the Maxwell Corp. We didn't knew she was in a relationship with Theodore before so we thought she was interested in the company. So we decided to give our shares as well to her so that she had more control over the company." Mom said smiling.

"What!" The Collins screamed. Maxwell Corp was a huge name. Even 1% of it's shared could bring back the revenue that provide a middle class family for life. And my parents had 10% shares. It was a considerable amount even for my family. Naturally the Collins will not be happy about it.

"With all due respect Mr Parishad, aren't you discriminating against your daughter a bit too much?" Mr Collin said.

If it wasn't for Angela, I would've kicked him in face.

"I don't think you have any place to say that in front of me Mr Collin. Angela may like your son, but you aren't family." Dad said sternly and he immediately shut up.

Go go dad!

"Oh no." I grumbled looking behind dad with an expression of glum.

"What happiness?" Dad asked, looking in the direction of his parents, my grandparents.

"Anna!" Mom warned to put off my glum expression. A rule of our family: respect your elders, no matter what. You have to be courteous and respectful to them. But i couldn't help it at all. I seriously do not like them.

Angela was standing with them smiling elegantly like the goddess she is. We sisters are exact opposite of each other. If I am a wild animal with carefree streak, my sister is a princess, elegant and graceful to the bones.

I seriously envy her sometimes. I mean, sure I am a rockstar and all, but she will always be my role model.

Seeing her stand with them, I finally called myself and walked forward to greet them. I saw her holding a pair of ruby jewellery set. And damn did those look good. My eyes dazzled at their sight.

I went to her and instantly took it from her hands and started inspecting it closely. The more I looked, the more I liked.

"This is so pretty." I said bedazzled. "Whose is this?" I asked excitedly.

"Mine." Angela said with a soft smile.

I was ecstatic to hear that and instantly put on a puppy look. "Angela, my sweet and caring elder sister, can I take this set. I love it. I really really do." I said with a flattering and pleading tone and made my eyes look pitiful.

Angela chuckled and my antics and shook her head. "Of course…"

"Not." A start voice interrupted her.

Oh no. I almost forgot she was here. 😩😩😩

The jewellery set was instantly taken away from me and handed to Angela. "This set costs 100 million US dollars. I bought it specially for Angela at an auction. It will match her elegance and grace perfectly." My grandmother said, looking at Angela with a doting smile.

There we go again. And the comparing begins.

"Besides, what are you even going to do with these. Jewellery sets are wore on dresses and gowns not on those…" oh lord, she looked at my clothes, she looked at my clothes. Can I just run away from these people? "What on earth are you wearing? Do you belong to a family of beggar girl? Why are your clothes tattered?" She said looking at my ripped black jeans and and crop top with a wide net jacket.

"I honestly doubt you even have our genes in you. No girl of Parish family wear clothes like these. Look at Angela. Look hoe absolutely gorgeously she has dressed like a lady from a good house. Why can't you be like her instead of a girl from streets? "

"Clothes can be changed but you honestly became an entertainer." My grandfather said in utter disdain. "A person from Parish family prancing around half naked and seducing people like prostitute. Do you know how humiliating it is? Look at Angela. She too works. But she has an honest and respectable job of a doctor. That's how a girl should be. A girl should become a doctor or a teacher. I heard you also have clothing company. Although it's not respectable for a girl to do business, but it is better than that dirty entertainment world."

"Father…" dad tried to defend me.

"Shut up boy. I'm your father, I've seen this world more than you. Do not cut in between. I used to be so proud of you, of my perfect eldest son. But the way you have brought up your youngest daughter has thoroughly disappointed me." Grandfather scolded dad.

I honestly couldn't hold back an eye roll at their views. But of course they saw me doing that and all. hell. broke. loose.

A/N: Hi guys. Long time no see. 😅😅😅

The thing is, I've already written these chapters in my old account. Like I said so many times before. But as everyone knows that account is not working for some reason. And rewriting chapters is utterly boring.

Anyways, I'm considering major editing. So if you find anything diffrent from the existing plot, don't panic. I'll rewrite the story from the beginning to make it consistent with the plot.

Bye...