The Grandparents

A/N: double release for being MIA for so long.

Anna:

"DID YOU JUST ROLL YOUR EYES ON YOUR ELDERS?" Grandfather hollered livid.

"Your manner are getting worse and worse. You were no good from the very beginning. Now that you've entered the entertainment industry, you have gotten worse. I can't believe you're a member of Parish family." Grandmother said. Though her voice was still soft, she was no less livid than grandfather.

"Grandma, grandfather, please don't get angry. Grandma has diabetes and grandfather has high bp problem. If you get too angry, it'll badly effect your health. Please calm down." Angela said sweetly in a coquettish tone. "Besides, you know Anabeth is  a bit immature. Would any of your grandchildren, especially dad's children dare to disrespect you? She didn't want to hurt you guys. You know that she like signing. The boss of the company thought she was good so signed her. She didn't even think she'd get so far. Her real career is anyways her clothing company. Anyways, it will dad and brother doing all the hard work. She just has to sit." 

Then she looked at me and indicated to apologize. "Anna apologize, now."

"Our Angela still cares about us the most." Grandmother said in an emotional tone.

"Of course she does. She is the perfect daughter of my perfect son." Grandfather said proudly.

So a little back story on my family, my grandparents had seven children. Yes, you heard me right, seven. Four sons, three daughters. My father is the eldest and also most highly placed in career in the family. From his childhood, he had perfect grades and also very good in sports. So yes an all-rounder. From childhood, he was their pride, their perfect son.

Then he fell in love with mom in his highschool. Mom too was from a well off family on top of that had perfect grades, good in extra curriculars, with perfect etiquettes. On top of that, her aim from a very young age was to become a doctor. And according to my grandparents, that is the best job for a woman. Not to mention, mom had the standard pretty looks according to that time, blue eyes, blonde hair, heart shaped face and extremely fair. They loved mom even more than their own daughters. One of the major reasons why my aunts still don't like mom.

Then they gave birth to Oliver and Angela. Both of them inherited the best features from our parents. Angela inherited mom's blond hair, blemish free fair skin and soft features and Oliver inherited my father's slightly tanned skin, brown hair and sharp, chiselled features. Me on the other can be called the modern beauty with slightly tanned skin, sharp jaws, brown hair. Though in today's world, my looks are sought after, conservative people, no matter which part of the world still hold one description of beauty, fairness. And my grandparents are one conservative couple.

And then came grades. As the world knows, my siblings are straight A students while I... Well I do not wanna humiliate myself. Then extracurriculars. My brother is good in sports, my sister is good in cooking and a few martial art forms. Me, except singing, I don't know a dime about anything. Needless to say, my grandparents see me as the only failure of my family. Angela is their favorite granddaughter and Oliver is their favorite grandson. And I, well they hate the very sight of me.

"Ana." Angela looked at me again with a pleading gaze.

"Grandfather, grandmother, I'm sorry." I said with a bowed head.

"With that attitude of yours, who would marry you?" Grandmother said. Seriously, is that all all the old ladies think about?

"I already have a boyfriend." I said.

"Who? I swear to god, if bring a good for nothing gold digger or a junkie or one of those good for nothing entertainers, I'll disown you." Grandfather said sternly.

"I'm her boyfriend." Theo said instantly. He had standing on the side. His hands were clenched throughout the entire scolding. Unfortunately, he couldn't interfere. As old fashioned aa it sounded, he wasn't my husband yet so he didn't have any rights to say anything here.

But even so, he was barely keeping himself quite. He really wanted to get mad at the old couple.

"Theodore Maxwell. You are her boyfriend?" Grandfather asked in surprise. After all, if anyone could be said to be on par with my brother in elite society, it is Theo.

"Yes sir." He said in an upright tone.

"Why? What did you see in her?" Grandmother asked baffled.

"She is a genuine person. She doesn't put on a fake front. Ana is what she is inside out, not at all fake. That's what attracted me to her. I really like her alot and plan to marry her as soon as her entire family accepts me." Theo said in a trustworthy tone. It took all my strength not to say aw right now. How did I get so lucky?

"As expected  from the top man of elite society. Reliable to the core." Grandfather acknowledged.

"At least this useless granddaughter of ours did something right. For the first time I agree with her decision." Grandmother nodded.

"You're not allowed to say no to his proposal or I'll definitely disown you. He is a reliable young man. And you won't get another one like him." Grandfather said to ne sternly.

For the first time I agree to him. Even though his love has almost reached to obsessive level, he has never restricted me to anything. In fact he is extremely supportive. On top of that he gave me space when I wanted and came to me only when I was ready. I've spent a very less time with him, still I can tell his feelings are genuine for me. They are right. I won't get another one like him.

I thought after this, I could slip away from here and get some peace but a few hateful people just had to destroy it.

"Angela is such a kind hearted girl." Mrs Collin said. I knew she is going to say something to sabotage the whole thing. And I was right. "Yet the way she is treated in this family is horrible. They gave Ana 10% shares of Maxwell Corp but didn't even think about this sweet little girl."

And here it is. Another drama.