Chapter 1: Welcome

Snow

"How are you today?" President Snow asked me brightly as he walked into my cell.

I didn't respond.

"Still a quiet Mockingjay aren't you? If you were more like the jabberjay you wouldn't shut up."

I stare up at him, straight in the eye. 

His composure seemed to shake a bit under the pressure of my cold stare.

"We've asked you the same question for days, tell us the answer and we'll be done here." He said sighing.

"I don't know anything about District 13." I snapped. 

"Really? Because they seemed to show up seconds after your little rant that you gave to all of Panem. You remember the spiel right? The one that sparked rebellions in every District?"

"I remember it quite well. You did shoot me in the back of the head. You remember that right?"

President Snow sighed again. "You're very frustrating, just like a real granddaughter."

I didn't respond.

"Fine, have it your way. We'll just have to find other means of finding the truth."

"Like torture?" I spat.

"No, we want you in good condition and alive, you are our Soldier after all. Physically hurting you won't do us any good." He paused then bent down close to me.

All I wanted to do was break through my chains and punch him in the face.

President Snow tapped my forehead and grinned. "We can do so much more damage to you through here."

I glared at him but I could feel my confidence wavering.

"Let's have a little movie session shall we? Does a recap of the 80th Hunger Games sound fun? It's quite the story. There's this wonderful character in it, I absolutely adore her. Too bad she had to have given up everything for a pair of poor, stupid boys, right? And don't get me started on the two people she loved whom were killed."

I felt my throat go dry.

"You have no idea how much you cost yourself when you made that stupid speech." He continued. "I won't even stop with the film. I can change you Snow. I can take away every sane part of you until you're nothing but a monster...or I can change you until there's no part left of you willing to fight." He grinned. "To fight me that is."

"I told you! I will never fight for you again!" I snarled.

"Of course you won't. But before you know it. You won't be you anymore. Take a look around Snow! Think about where you started and where you are now. There's so much you don't know! Take your parents for example."

"My parents? What about my parents?" I demanded.

But he just smirks and turns around. "I'll be back to pick you up for the film in twenty minutes." He told me as he left.

I cursed under my breath. 

I've done it now.

I have no way out.

I'm stuck.

Everyone I know thinks I'm dead and right now I'm sitting in a cold hard cell in the most heavily guarded portion of the Capitol.

To put it simply:

I'm screwed.