Chapter| 02

Word Count: 2.7k+
Trigger Warning: Sickness
I'm surprised people are reading this
(•̀•́)و
This took a bit longer because before I publish this one, I went back to the last two parts I wrote and edited because I was doing something repetitive in my writing and I actually want this book GOOD. Anyways, please enjoy.
Key:
S/c ~ skin color

Italics ~ *Happened in the past/Flashbacks*

・・・

"Um, excuse me Mr. Giant sir, but have you seen Gloxinia the fairy king? You know, a friend's of the Great Drole right?" The giant turns his deep eyes to the small fairy flying just where his shoulder is. (Y/n) backs away a little with a nervous smile, holding their hands together as if they were praying. "Huh? Drole? Didn't he die an honorable death 800 years ago? Go away now, I must go train." The giant shoo them away with his large hand.

(Y/n) backs away with a frown evident on their face.  They sigh as they rub their arms to console themselves, "I should try somewhere else. I will find him."

They fly away in another direction that they probably roamed over already. (Y/n) probably have gone through Britannia thousands of times already for the last 800 years. Asking giants to humans where their lover could have gone. Over the years, many people don't think about the Holy War as much for there is now a time of peace, but still, there was a war waging in (y/n)'s head.

"Gloxinia where are you?" (Y/n) clutched the cloak which was torn and raggedy. It has shielded them from dirt and snow, sun rays and rain.

(Y/n) kept on flying on and on, their eyes barely manage to stay open. The desert terrain soon faded into a forest, where the trees have seen them many times through the ages. Their wings can barely lift them up and their whole body felt numb as their heart. Their breath hitched, unable to go on any longer. Their wings landed them on their knees and their body curled over till their head met the grass. Their shoulders shook, "He can't be dead, right? He can't be dead, there's no way."

"(Y/n)." (Y/n) whipped their head up, the sun behind the person made them into a silhouette. "Gerheade?" Gerheade covered the sun with her head, softly casting a gaze down on the tired fairy. She gave them a comforting smile as tears emerges from her eyes. "(Y/n), every 8 years you always end up back at the Fairy Realm. You need to rest, this can't go on any longer." Gerheade floated down and put a hand on their back to rub away the aches and pain, "Big brother would of want us to move on and he would have wanted was to be happy, so let's not do this anymore. He would hate it more than you know."

(Y/n)'s eyes sadden a little more than before, "I'm scared of letting go... but you're right..." Their heart broke as they let go, letting them fall into centuries of isolation where the Fairy Realm's animal caretaker seems more like a myth.

"There was a fairy long ago who used to take care of all animals in the Fairy King's Kingdom, causing them to become stronger than they are today. Fairy rumors say that the animal fairy could make a wolve's claws sharper than steel and a snake's poison more fatal. Today, it is believed that the fairy died along with the first Fairy King during the Holy War."

・・・

"That's (y/n)'s past, I kept it a secret because I don't want other fairies to bother them in this state, but... I felt like I made it worse." Gerheade squeezes her hand together. The corner of her eyes was tinted red from all the sobbing.