Chapter| 06

"Why do you keep doing that?!" (Y/n) wipes off their left cheek, earning an offended look from Gloxinia. "Don't you want my kisses?" He floated up in a playful manner and gave them an innocent and hurt look. (Y/n) turned away flustered, "Well yes, but- if you keep on sneaking up behind me, it's going to..." Making me die of being embarrassed is what (y/n) wants to say, but they kept their mouth shut as they closed their eyes and try to drive out the feeling of embarrassment away.

"It's going to... what?" Gloxinia asked with a questioning look. He leaned in closer and finally sat behind (y/n) with his legs crisscrossed. He put his chin on their shoulder and they turned their head the opposite way. "It's going to..." (Y/n) quietly mumbled. He let out a foxy smirk waiting for their answer.

"Big brother, we need you!" Gerheade's voice can be heard through the forest's leaves and roots. Gloxinia turned to his sister's direction with a pout. "Darn..." He mumbled out with a disappointed look and his back slouched. "Welp, my sister calls..." Gloxinia turned back to (y/n) and placed another kiss behind their ears. Their shoulder jumped and they make out a surprised yet small sound. Gloxinia chuckled and sat up, "Don't get into trouble now." He started to fly in towards Gerheade. He turned around to take a peek at (y/n).

Laying on the ground on their side with their hands over their face. Gloxinia raises his slightly curl hands to mask his snicker before flying away.

・・・

That is what (y/n) is doing now, except on a tree branch. Laid over on their side and covered their teary face with their hands. "He's no fair." They sniffle.

"No fair." They mumble again.

It was an hour after the incident and Gloxinia has now taken more space in (y/n)'s head. Gerheade flies over them with a slight smile. Her nose and the corner of her eyes were a little blotchy from crying.

"So... it's not all in our head right?" Gerheade asks, still hesitant about the whole ordeal. (Y/n) sits up and rubs their eyes, "I'm sure. 100% he was right there. Why else would Diane and King disappear?" They stop rubbing their eyes and open them. "Gerheade..." Their voice quieting. Gerheade floats down in front of (y/n). "What's wrong?" (Y/n) blinks once and once more. "Everything... is blurry and spinning." Gerheade notices (y/n)'s body slightly swaying as their eyes set straight ahead. "My chest is starting to feel tight again. I think I need to go to sleep again." Their voice came out weaker and weaker. Their mouth hung slightly open and they start to sweat as their heart speeds up. The discomfort in their weakening bones is aching them. Even nature's breeze was unable to cool them off.

"(Y/n)...!" (Y/n)'s body tilt forward. Gerheade flies forward and holds out her skinny arms. (Y/n)'s head hits her shoulder, their body felt hot. "You're burning up...!" The boulders of responsibility and worry settled on her as she manifested swirling vines around (y/n)'s body, gently holding them. "I'm taking you back to Sacred Tree. Please rest and don't worry about a single thing!" Gerheade starts flying towards the Tree with the vines following her swiftly with (y/n).

For Gloxinia. For me. There are many more memories, I want to create with the both of you!

・・・

In an unknown place where strips of sunlight peeked through thick and gray clouds, there was a deformed tower. Kind and Diane are left injured on the ground after battling the Two commandments, Gloxinia and Drole.

"Spirit Spear Basquias, Form Seven. Moon Rose. Droplet of Life." Gloxinia points his finger in the air and summons his flower that could revive the hurt. Its ethereal petal shines as it drops a glowing liquid. In an instant, their wounds are gone.