Chapter| 07

Thank you for getting this book 100 votes! :D There are about 4 chapters left of this book. This was supposed to be a short project, but I always ended up taking forever to update. I can't thank you enough for your guys' patience!

・・・

"I still remember it, Drole." Gloxinia mutters with traumatic memories of that fateful day. Drole looks over with only his demon eyes at the King of Faries, curled up in a floating ball. "My sister... Her blood... I was too afraid to see what happened to (y/n)..." Drole then shifts his eyes to the unconscious King, "Well, they are alive now, aren't they?" Gloxinia looks up at Drole with a questioning look to elaborate, "All that happened hundreds of years ago, now it's the present, and they are alive." Gloxinia too also shifts his gaze down towards King, not saying anything. Still, (y/n) is laying ill back in the forest and he can't get that off his head.

・・・

King is whizzing through the thick trees of the forest in the First Fairy King's body. His mind is in a panic mess, praying to the ruthless gods, "Gerheade, (y/n), please be safe!" His mind rushes back to his own sister, Elaine, crying for him to not leave her behind then it reminds him of the number of times Diane, injured and bruised all over. He curses himself with a frustrated look on Gloxinia's face, "Please let me be there in time, this time!" His eyes then widen at a realization, "Could protecting Gerheade and (y/n) be my trial?"

・・・

Sounds of swords clashing erupt in the gloomy sky. Rou is all bloodied up, but even though his head is dripping with blood, whether it's his own or another man's he still fought. "Please! Please stop hurting each other!" Gerheade pleads desperately, her eyes brimming with tears. "Gerheade, stay back!" (Y/n) flicks her hand to the side, ordering a moose to knock a human back into the tree. The man snaps his head back far and the tree cracks.

(Y/n) observe their surroundings of fallen and bloodied beings from the fairy, giants, god, and human clans. The god warrior struck Rou with a magic blast and turns to Gerheade with an annoyed look, sweat sticks to his forehead. Who can blame him? Humans betrayed.

"Shut up! If you have time to cry, you should also-" He never finished his sentence as his blood flew in the air out of his mouth. The sword Rou threw at him stuck in his chest. Rou stands up and spits out a bit of blood.

"Mr. Rou, please stop killing them!" Gerheade flies over in desperation. "Gerheade! Stop!" (Y/n) reaches their hand out, but the little fairy was too far from their reach. They follow behind her only to be stopped by none other than a human. "You scared brat fairy!?" (Y/n) eyed the human with murderous lust, spilling out in anger fumes. "Move. I won't ask again, human." (Y/n) flies back and their left arm swipes right. Bees and wasps follow its direction and swarm the man with loud buzzing. The man lets go of his weapon and lets out a cry as each sting he feels becomes more worse as they come.

He falls down and coughs out blood, trying to shoo the bugs away. (Y/n) turns towards Gerheade, who was shielding another fairy from Rou with an injured leg. "Gerheade!" (Y/n) raises their right arm high in the air, about to send one of the animals lurking in the forest's branches or roots to attack. A sharp pain runs through the right side of their back when their hand reaches the sky. It was a moment in time, where they let their guard down. Gerheade was in a field of danger and that cause a lag in their system. "I should've known better..." (Y/n) thought at that time, their mind scrambling to recollect what happened.

The pain sent shivers up into something that (y/n) can't describe. It burns. It was torturous. (Y/n)'s lets out a scream of suffering as their body fell forward.