Chapter 1

A/N: First One Piece fic, here we go! Was going to start with my favorite character but I had a fleshed out idea for my next favorites Zoro and wanted to write this first :')

Before we get started:

-don't like it don't read it ❤️

-this takes place after the timeskip, sometime between Fish-Man Island arc and Dressrosa arc

-reader is blind and wears a full face mask, which has no description other than it darkens the eye holes and everything else is up to imagination

-the way the reader 'sees' is the same as how Usopp saw Luffy and Law from far away—silhouettes of auras on a black background

-kind of slow burn?

Enjoy!

Ps. I enjoy reading comments :>

—•—
Recommended to watch/read until at least episode 516 / chapter 598.

<+>

The green-headed man looked around at the buildings around him. Small, old, shabby, drab. They all looked the same to him.

He walked confidently towards what he definitely knew was somewhere he had not been.

The crew had stopped by on an island to restock, and despite some of his crew members' warnings—he took them as insults and jokes and angrily yelled at them for it—he went off to look for beer. The ship was running out anyway; it had plenty of Cola but never enough booze.

Small, old, shabby, drab buildings continued on.

There weren't any people around these parts even if he wanted to ask for directions to the docks.

No, Zoro was definitely not lost.

The loud clang of metal on metal caught his ears. It was very familiar to him as a swordsman, though this was slightly different than the swords he used. But if there were swords, there were people. If there were people, they'd know places. Not that he was going to ask for directions to those places.

He turned and headed for the source of the sound, taking a few turns and circling around, as it was much like Marco Polo with the periodic clangs.

Finally, he made his way to a small alleyway, where he saw three pirates—judging by their salty smell, shaggy hair, and clothes—ganging up on a single androgynous masked person.

He put his hand on the hilt of his sword. If he helped that person, perhaps they'll treat him to drinks or something in return and lead him to somewhere he'd be familiar with.

However, as he watched, the masked person seemed to have it under control.

They wielded a wooden quarterstaff against the pirates' swords, deflecting and blocking, attacking and dodging. Their maneuvers were quick and skilled with their weapon, and it was obvious they had techniques. Zoro lowered his hand, watching the three versus one fight.

There was a sudden shout of pain as the masked person got a thrust in, bludgeoning one guy's arm and making him drop his sword.

Another was knocked off balance, the quarterstaff hitting the back of his head, rendering him unconscious.

The third, thrown off balance from the masked person deflecting his sword, was kicked down. His head hit the wall hard, and he slumped down on the ground.

Zoro smirked as the bruised one, seeing the other two down, probably pissed himself and ran away in his direction.

He did nothing, letting the pirate run away. He only stepped back a bit for the masked person to tackle him and knock him out as well.

Zoro silently watched as the masked individual took a deep breath and stood. They would certainly be someone worth fighting, he noted. Those three pirates were way too weak for them.

Well, he didn't have time or reason for that. The masked person didn't bother him and he wouldn't bother them. He glanced once more over the scene, then turned to leave.

As soon as he took a step, however, his Haki warned him of an immediate danger and he grabbed one of his katanas, blocking an attack from the masked person. Upon closer inspection, he noticed the person had a more feminine figure.

He gave the masked woman his signature sadistic grin. Well, he might be in for a fight anyway.