Chapter 4

"I want to meet the others first," you said. Luffy let you drag him out of the dining hall, oblivious to what had happened between you and Sanji.

"Sure!" He took a deep breath, then shouted very loudly, "Oi! Everyone on deck!"

You sensed Sanji's aura coming out immediately, following the two of you, but said nothing. You could only assume his face was either looking at you with pity, or apologetic.

Luffy grabbed your arm and jumped down, back on the first level.

"What is it this time, Luffy?" a woman asked. The two from the quarterdeck arrived first, curious but then hesitant after noticing you.

The robotic aura came next, then the skeletal aura dropping down from the crow's nest, and then the long-nosed man. You could sense the last small, animalistic one peeking out from behind Sanji, but in a sort of reversed way.

"Guys!" Luffy announced. "This is our newest nakama! I met her a while ago!"

"[Y/N]," you introduced yourself, smiling despite them not seeing it under the mask. "Looking forward to working with you all." You're sure they're all taken aback by your appearance, but they seemed to trust Luffy completely.

"Super!" The robotic aura struck a pose. "Glad to have you aboard the Thousand Sunny! Franky's the name!"

Franky, the shipwright and the cyborg, you remember Luffy telling you. He had built the very ship you were standing on.

"Well, nice to meet you, [Y/N]!" the previous woman said. "I'm Nami."

The navigator. She was a great cartographer and kept track of the crew's money.

"Robin," the other woman said simply. She extended a hand out to you, which you quickly accepted. "Pleasure to meet you."

The archeologist, researching Poneglyphs and helping Luffy reach the One Piece.

"Not gonna lie, the mask kinda freaked me out!" the long-nosed man exclaimed, but went up to you with excitement radiating from his aura. "The great and mighty Usopp is here!"

The sniper. His aura wasn't as strong as most of the others, but radiated confidence. A 'fake it till you make it' guy.

"Yohoho!" The skeletal aura laughed. "My name is Brook. I'm not the only one without a face here now!" His joking tone turned somewhat serious as he said the next few words: "May I see your panties?"

You pushed the end of your quarterstaff into his skull not-so lightly. The living skeleton Brook: a talented musician and swordsman, and a perverted gentleman, if that was a thing.

He suddenly slumped down, drained of energy. "I see that that staff of yours has some seastone... not that I have eyes to see! Yohohoho!"

You sighed, then sensed the last figure step out hesitantly from behind Sanji. "I-I'm Chopper! Welcome aboard!"

The reindeer that Luffy jokingly described as emergency food. He was the doctor on ship, and had different forms.

"There's one more you haven't met yet," Luffy told you. "The green-haired swordsman I told you about who fights with three swords."

You immediately nodded. "I actually met him not too long ago. Roronoa Zoro."

"That stupid moss-head is either lost or asleep somewhere," Sanji muttered, then turned to you with joyful energy. "Perfect time for him to miss meeting such a pretty lady!"

"Leave the girl alone, Sanji," Nami scoffed, pushing him away from you. "Sorry about our idiot love cook here."

You shook your head, laughing lightly. "It's fine, I was told beforehand of his... flirtatious nature."

"So how'd you get recruited?" Nami asked. "Did you just accept when Luffy abruptly asked? Maybe when he found your mask interesting or something? He tends to do that a lot."

"That's something he would do," you agreed. "But no, it was something else. I met him when he was training with Silvers Rayleigh. He invited me a while before he came back to you guys, and I actually took a couple of months to think about it."

Some of the others gasped in surprise when you mentioned Rayleigh.

"Well, you seem like a nice person. Glad you decided to come aboard! Especially a girl, the boys are a handful," Nami said jokingly.

You could tell that Nami and Robin were the more mature of the crew, next being maybe Franky.

"What's underneath that mask?" Usopp asked. His aura was curious, much like the others.

"Just some scars I'd rather not show," you answered. It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the full truth, either. You still needed time to get used to these people first, despite your trust in Luffy.

"We've all got scars," Nami said softly, noticing your tone. "You don't have to share them if you don't have to."

You nodded. "Thanks."

You knew you made the right choice to join the crew, seeing their enthusiastic and unique personalities of each crew member.

You looked around at them, changing the tone and subject. "Glad to be onboard!"