Chapter 21

A couple minutes later, the two of you finished. Chopper's focus went to you, reapplying ointment and bandages on your wounds.

You went to put the tub back in the bathroom after a thorough cleaning of the rags and cloth, and when you returned, Sanji came in after a knock on the door. "Dinner's ready!"

He had a plate ready for you to take to your own place to eat. Pausing for a moment, you raised a hand to politely decline. Confused, he watched as you followed Chopper to the dining hall.

The whole crew was there, minus Zoro. It was the same, usual chaotic energy in the air with Luffy stealing food off of plates and playing with his food, and Sanji angrily stopping him. A few of them noticed you and looked at you in surprise, as you usually weren't here to eat with them.

"[Y/N]! Chopper!" Franky called. "How's Zoro doing?" Nami must have filled them in.

"He's tough," she reassured before you or Chopper could answer. "He'll be fine, right?"

You nodded, chuckling a bit. You couldn't tell where an empty seat was, but Sanji called to you and seemed to pull a chair out for you like a gentleman. You reluctantly sat down and thanked him, and somehow the others could sense your tense state.

"So," Usopp started, "seems like they won't be bothering you again for a while?"

Considering two of them were devil fruit users and the other was heavily injured, it was likely "never" rather than "a while", hopefully. You nodded with a slight smile under your mask.

"Why were they after you anyway?" Brook asked, finally. He didn't seem prying, yet everyone else was glad he was the one who finally asked.

"Well...." You hesitated, looking at the crew's silhouettes. Finally, you sighed, and took off your mask.

The crew watched in silence and surprise, Franky and Usopp less so as they had seen part of the scars before, but still taken aback by your sudden actions.

"Wait... are those glass eyes?" Chopper asked, astonished. "Are you... completely blind?"

You popped out your left glass eye casually, nodding to Chopper.

"There's a small crystal in this," you explained, showing them the glass eye. You had figured its powers out not too long ago after Luffy left Rusukaina Island. "It can let me see into the future and back into the past. I still don't know how to control how far I can see, but it means that I can look into the Void Century."

Robin's interest piqued at that topic, but still concerned for you. "Were those pirates sent by the World Government?"

"Maybe. They're former Marines and must have found out about it somehow."

There was silence for a while longer, as they took in your appearance and the information, until Luffy broke it.

"Huh, you look like a panda!" He laughed, pointing a finger at you.

Nami hit him hard on the head, shutting him up.

"Well," Brook started, "I'm no longer the only one without eyes! Yohohoho!"

You sighed, smiling and relieved. Leave it to your captain to lighten the mood.

"That's... amazing!" Chopper exclaimed. "How do you get around so easily?"

"I remember the dimensions of the ship. And the crystal helps, too. If I'm about to crash into something, it sends me a sort of instinctual reaction to avoid it. Pairing it with Haki makes it work even better in fights."

"Why'd you keep it hidden for so long? Your blindness I mean, not the crystal."

"If it's about your scars being ugly, don't worry," Sanji jumped in. "You'll always be beautiful in my eyes!"

"I didn't want people to treat me differently," you said, pushing Sanji away playfully. "Just because I'm blind doesn't mean I'm weaker and need extra help." You smiled at your nakama. "I'm glad I can trust pretty much all of you."