Chapter 10

"Yeah, I kinda do look like I have panda eyes now that you brought it up," you said casually to Usopp and Franky in their workshop.

Usopp nodded, somewhat confused, until realization dawned on him. "Wait—What—You—" he sputtered out. "You heard our conversation yesterday?"

"Yep."

Franky didn't seem to realize what your words were implying until a full minute, and even then his aura was still confused.

You figured you'd tell the crew members slowly one by one to know how they'd respond. It might be the best way to ease into the crew. The ones who already knew didn't really care too much, other than Sanji.

"So... you're completely blind?" Usopp stopped his tinkering with some kind of machine he was working on with Franky to focus his attention on you.

"Yep."

"Huh."

"Yep."

You could sense the rising panic in him, concerned about both you and himself, perhaps knowing how you acted when you first met him and how private you were about your face, while Franky remained silent, processing the information.

"I overheard your conversation," you continued. "Since you both saw it I might as well come out and reveal the fact that I'm blind."

"Does anyone else know?" Franky finally asked.

"Luffy, Sanji, Nami, and Robin. Now you two."

The two set their tools down and leaned against the table. Usopp tilted his head, trying to wrap his head around the idea that you were blind. "So, uh. How do you get around and fight so easily?" Franky asked.

"Observation Haki and instincts. It's kinda hard to explain."

"That's cool!" Usopp commented. His concern and fear about making fun of your panda eyes dissipated quickly when he realized you weren't angry about it at all, instead curious and impressed. "Do you just constantly have it?"

"No, it gets tiring after a while. Especially if I spread it out to sense larger areas."

"So it's like you're not blind at all," Franky mused.

"Not really. It's not like I can see non-living physical objects and terrain. But I manage."

"Training must've been difficult."

"Rayleigh mentoring me really helped a lot."

"How'd you become blind, if you don't mind me asking?"

You hesitated on your answer. "You explained it, Franky. It was acid."

They both visibly cringed. "You got acid on both eyes? Was it an accident or...?"

"I was tortured."

"How can you say that so casually?!"

You shrugged. "It's been a few years now."

"Did you... get revenge on whoever did that?"

"No. They escaped before we could catch them." Despite your nonchalant replies, you desperately wanted to find them again.

"'We'?"

"Me and Law. He saved me before they could kill me. I owed him my life, basically, and much more."

"I'm assuming he made you those glass eyes?"

"Yep. I was lucky he was around then."

"Why were you tortured?"