Chapter 20

Zoro went after Click, trying to stop him before he could free the other two completely. His sword managed to slash him, creating a large gash on his chest and making him fall, but not before he freed Sizzle.

The other man pushed him away, his hands dripping with acid. Zoro hissed in pain, turning to slash at him as well.

He could see that you were dealing with Pop, managing quite well with your injured leg and makeshift weapon.

Suddenly, he felt something grab his ankle, and his attention fell from Sizzle back to Click. Despite the latter's heavy injury, he was still trying to help his allies by distracting him.

"Zoro!" Nami yelled. As Zoro stabbed down mercilessly on Click's arm, he turned to Nami. She was pointing up at the air, at a large bubble filled with acid floating on top of you.

He threw Click's body against Sizzle, knocking them both into the side of the ship.

You were still occupied with Pop as he used bubbles to protect himself, not noticing the bubble above you. The wound on your abdomen seemed to have reopened, and Zoro could sense the pain you were trying to hide.

The surface of the bubble suddenly rippled, as if about to pop. Why weren't you avoiding it? Why did Nami call him instead of you?

"[Y/N]!" Zoro called, slashing at the last pirate. He was able to get in a hit while he was distracted by you, knocking him into the other two and making them all stumble and fall into the water below. At the same time, the bubble popped, and Zoro pushed you out of the way of the acid.

<+>

You could hear the sizzling of acid as Zoro pushed you down, followed by a loud yell of pain.

Where did the acid come from? All three pirates had fallen into the ocean. Was it in a bubble you hadn't noticed?

Nami quickly ran up to the two of you. "Quick, help me get him to Chopper!"

She didn't have to tell you twice. You swung his arm around your shoulder as Nami took the other side, ignoring your previous injuries and the sting of the acid that touched you. You could tell he was almost completely covered in acid.

As both of you arrived at Chopper's room, the doctor's aura showed alarm as he rushed to help, not questioning how it happened. Zoro groaned as he was laid down, unable to speak properly through the pain.

"[Y/N]'s wound reopened," Nami told Chopper, then headed for the door worriedly. "I'll go check that the pirates are gone for good or if they're still going to attack."

Chopper nodded, focused on Zoro first.

"Let me help," you said, getting up, avoiding putting any weight on your leg. Your stick had been damaged by acid, but you could definitely still manage to walk.

"You need to be treated as well right now!" Chopper looked back worriedly at you, hooves gently pushing you back.

You resisted his push and headed for the door. "I'll go get a tub of water." You almost missed the handle, but got out and closed the door behind you, ignoring Chopper's calls.

You knew there would be a small tub you could use somewhere in the bathroom. You limped to there, feeling around for something of the sort. You finally found it after a few minutes, and filled it with cold water from the sink. It was harder to make it back down ladders with the tub of water in your hands, especially with a limp, but you were able to navigate your way back, avoiding spilling too much water.

Zoro seemed to have either fallen asleep or blacked out in that short amount of time you were gone. Chopper was finishing up treating the wound on his side where his previous wound was, but held off on bandaging it. "There's acid back here, too."

You helped Chopper clean the wound, only handing him the towels and scrubbing them, afraid that your blindness would cause more harm than good. You sighed frustratedly, feeling guilty for bringing the crew into your mess.