Chapter 8

You left with no further words, but you could feel Robin's gaze on your back.

Great. Now half the crew, rounded down, knew you were blind.

It was frustrating that Robin was able to figure out so easily, but Nami's words did somewhat reassure you that you were hiding it well enough.

You knew the dimensions of the ship now, so you made your way through the halls and rooms with no problems other than the one just now.

Arriving at the dining hall, you looked around for something to drink. Except you used your sense of smell instead.

Before joining the crew, you would go around busy streets with food stands and listen to the calls and advertising to know what food there was. Now, though, you had to rely on just your nose.

However, Sanji was there, most likely preparing lunch and hadn't noticed you until you walked closer.

"[Y/N]-swan!" Sanji stopped his chopping of... something and twirled to kneel in front of you. "Is there something you need?"

"I'm just looking for something to drink," you said reluctantly.

"Of course!" He twirled back to the other side of the room and opened something, perhaps the fridge. "The passcode is 7326, by the way. I installed a different lock so you could feel the numbers." At least that was helpful. "We have water, milk, and juice, and I can make you tea or coffee, or a cocktail if you'd prefer, and of course alcohol and Cola."

"I'll just have water, thanks," you said. You walked over to him, setting your quarterstaff down and feeling out where the cups and glasses were. You didn't want him to do everything for you, especially such a small task.

"Let me get that for you," Sanji interrupted, gently grabbing your hand and reaching his arm behind you.

At that moment, you sensed Zoro's aura about to enter the room, and you ducked under Sanji's arms so you weren't pretty much being hugged by him.

"Oi, shitty cook." Zoro kicked the door open. "Pass me some booze." His aura was pumped, as if he just finished a workout.

"Get it your damn self!" Sanji yelled back at him. Turning back to you, he said in a sweeter tone, "Here."

You grabbed the glass quickly from his hand. You placed it on a counter, almost missing it with how confident you were with where it was. Your hand reached for Sanji's other arm, asking for the jug.

Instead of handing you the jug of water, he poured it for you.

"Would you like anything else?" Sanji asked, aura enthusiastic.

"No," you grumbled. "I could've done it myself."

You could see Sanji about to say something back, but held back, knowing Zoro was there.

"Damn, you're even more annoying with her than with Robin and Nami," Zoro commented. He walked to the kitchen, looking around. "You playing favorites now?"

"Shut up, moss-head! " Sanji threw a kick at him, extremely careful not to hit you, not that you wouldn't have been able to dodge it. "You don't know shit."

You sighed again at the boys, thinking. Moss-head... he had green hair, then. Lost-head was also a fitting name. You ducked your way out from between the two, glass of cold water in hand.

Zoro blocked his leg with ease with his katana, drawing his other two. Well, this was going to be the third fight this morning. You quickly grabbed your quarterstaff from the counter as the two brought their fight to the dining hall table, then, as if following you, out to the deck. They were still unaware of their surroundings, other than Sanji aware of you.

You sensed Franky's and Usopp's auras talking to each other at the side of the ship, something about a 'super cool upgrade'. They turned to watch the fight when they heard the shouts of insults from the swordsman and cook.

Suddenly, you instinctively threw your arms up to protect your head. The back of Zoro's blade made contact with your arm a moment later, knocked into you by Sanji's kick. There was no intent behind that, so you couldn't dodge it as easily.

Your mask shifted to the side from the impact, and you felt cool air on the right side of your face.

You quickly readjusted your mask, panicked but hands steady.

"Watch it!" Sanji shouted angrily at Zoro, seeing that you were alright. "You could've hurt her!"

"Worry about yourself!"

You set the glass of water down, some spilled from the movement before. You watched the two continue to fight, then at a perfect opportunity, you jumped in and jabbed the two in the chest with the ends of your quarterstaff.

"Without Nami here to stop you, you both go all out, huh?" you said in an upbeat but serious tone. You sighed, picking back up the glass. You couldn't even drink your water in peace.

"I'm sorry, [Y/N]," Sanji apologized to you, but still angry towards his rival.

Zoro huffed, not saying anything else and going back to the kitchen for his booze.

"Do you need help on your way back?" Sanji focused his attention on you again, to your dismay.

"No." You clench your fingers around your staff, forcing a smile to calm yourself. "Thanks, Sanji."

"Alright. Watch the stairs." His tone was still worried, and he was at your beck and call as he watched you leave one more. Just as you breathed a sigh of relief, he couldn't help but open the door for you before you could reach it.

"Oi, Sanji," you heard Franky call. "The lady can handle herself."

Usopp nodded obliviously. "You're treating her like she's more helpless than Nami and Robin!"

God damn you, Sanji.