Chapter 12: The beginning...

England's POV:

"AMY!" I yell out. Everyone stands up and starts screaming, seeing more walkers appear. I pull my gun out of its holster and start killing the ones that get too close.

"MOM!" I hear Carl shout.

"CARL! ENGLAND!" Mum yells out to us, grabbing onto Carl.

"Lori, get him down!" Shane yells as he starts killing walkers. Everyone is screaming, making it even crazier. I see Carol carrying Sofia trying to get her away from everything. A walker coming up behind me went to shoot, but the gun ran out of ammo. I take my knife out running to her. The walker grabs her arm. She yells, but right before it bites into her, I plunge the knife into its skull.

"Get her and yourself into the RV! GO I'LL COVER YOU!" I yell shoving her forward leading her to the RV. Once they're safely in. I turn around to see a walker trying to get one of Morales's kids. "NO!" I yell, tackling the walker to the ground. IT landed on top of me trying to bite into my neck. I go to stab it, but don't have my knife. I use one of my arms to hold up the walker and use my free hand to find my knife. I hear my dad and others yelling for my name, but I'm too distracted. Another one comes from our tripping over us. I use my leg to keep it away. I finally find my knife and plunge into the first walker letting the other one fall on top of me, making me scream.

"ENGLAND!" I hear Daryl yell and footsteps running towards me. I Kill the second walker and push them off me. I gasp for air and wince from the pain coming from my head. "HEY! OVER 'ERE." Daryl yells, picking me up one arm under my legs and the other under my neck. Running towards the others.

"ENGLAND, OH MY GOD!" Dad yells, taking me from Daryl's arm into his own. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I shake my head. My whole body.

"Carl!" I managed to speak out.

"HERE! I'm right here!" He runs and hugs me crying into my shoulder. Mum and dad both join us for a group hug. Everyone was breathing heavily.

I see Glenn and I run up to hug him. We don't say anything, we just hug each other. We let go of each other and Jim comes out.

"I remember my dream now." Leaving everyone speechless. Daryl comes up to me.

"Hey, you alright?" I nod. He grabs my face gently making me look up at him, I see anger in his eyes. "Who the hell did that to you?" He raises his voice a little, making everyone turn to use. Glenn and Rick both come up to us to look at my face.

"I-I'm fine. Don't worry about it. Can we just-" I didn't finish my question as I look forward to seeing Andrea kneeling towards something in front of the RV. I squeeze my eyes to look better. I feel my heart sink into my stomach. I gasp. "OH MY GOD! AMY!" I run past the men and drop down to my knees in front of Amy. She looks at me trying to say something, but I shush her. Letting tears fall down my face. She brings her hand up to wipe a tear away. "Amy?" I speak out. As I see her stop breathing. Andrea grabs her body and starts shaking her, calling her name. I fall back letting sobs escape my mouth.

I feel arms wrap around my body and see Daryl holding onto me. "Daryl?" I ask but come out more as a sob. He shushes me, brings my head to his chest letting me cry into him. I don't how long I sat there crying in his arms until I saw nothing, but darkness.

~ * ~ *

I woke up the next day feeling so drained. Not having the energy to do anything. Reluctantly, I stood up from the bed in the RV. Too fast for my liking because I get hit with a wave of dizziness. I groan as I feel the pounding in my head. I got out of the RV to see the bodies or walkers and our people were still laid out everywhere. I see mum crouching down next to Andrea talking to her about something. Whatever it is that she's saying obviously isn't working. I Glenn and T pick up bodies and start piling them up.

I go over to them. "Hey, you guys need help?" I ask as I caught up with them. T shakes his head.

"Nah, Dale says not to let ya do any work. He says you might have a concussion after what happened yesterday. Whatever the hell that means." I groan and walk away from them towards Daryl to see him stabbing people's heads.

"Hey," he says, seeing me coming up to him. I responded back. "Want to tell me what the hell happened to ya now?" I sigh and shrug.

"Got into a fight with ED. Let's just say he had it worse than I did. At least that's what I've heard."

"He hit you?" He asks anger radiating off his body, I shrug.

"It's not something I'm not used to," I confess, he looks at me confused. I shake my head. "Don't worry about it," I say turning and starting to walk away.

"Hey," Daryl calls out to me. I stop walking and look at him. "I won't let anyone hurt you, not anymore. Okay?" I smile and nod.

"Okay." He clears his throat and looks away. I turn and start walking towards my parents and Shane.

"She won't even talk to us." I hear mum say as I sit next to her. "She's been there all night. What do we do?" I sigh as I look at Andrea.

"Can't just leave Amy like that," Shane says. "We need to deal with it. Same as the others." Dad nods.

"I'll tell her how it is." He says walking towards her. We watch as he crouches, but freezes and starts to stand up slowly. When he fully stands we see Andrea had pulled a gun causing us all to rise to our feet. Dad makes his way back to us and shakes his head.

"Y'all can't be serious?" Daryl speaks up, standing next to me. "Let that girl hamstring us? The dead girl's a ticking time bomb." I glare at him.

"What do you suggest?" Dad asks.

"Take the shot." He says taking a step closer to dad. "Clean, in the brain from here. Hell, I can hit a turkey between the eyes from this distance."

"No" Mum shuts him down right away, causing him to look at her.

"Bloody hell, just let the girl be," I speak up walking towards them. I stop walking when I hear Glenn practically yelling. I look at him and see he's yelling at Daryl and Morales.

"What are you guys doing?" He says. I start walking fast to him knowing how he gets when he's upset. "This is for geeks. Our people go over there." He points off in a different direction.

"What's the difference? They're all infected." Daryl says.

"Our people go in that row over there." Glenn's voice cracks. I grab his hand to try and calm him down. Daryl looks at me. "We don't burn them! We bury them." He speaks, trying to hold in his tears. "Understand?"

"Please, Daryl." He looks at me for a moment before nodding and taking the body in the direction Glenn said. I turn to my best friend to see tears coming down his face. "Hey, it's okay. Hey, look at me." He turns to me. "It's okay," I repeat. He nods and starts working again. I sigh and make my way back to Amy and Andrea.

"Y'all left my brother for dead! You had this coming!" I heard Daryl yell, but I just ignored him and kept walking.

I kneel on the other side of Amy. Letting a shaky breath escape my mouth. I look at Andrea to see her looking back at me, "I'm sorry. It's my fault. I-I should've killed the walker fast enough or-or I should've just been paying attention. I-" I stop talking when I feel her grab onto my hand. I look at her with a small smile before returning our attention back to Amy.

After a while, we could hear yelling happening on the other side of the RV but chose to ignore it. I can't handle any more drama right now. Dale comes up to us to tell us he wanted to pay his respect. He started to Andrea. I squeezed her for a moment before I decided to get up and leave giving them space. I sat on a log watching them talk for about ten minutes before Dale left her. Ever after that I just stayed staring at Amy not being able to pry my eyes away from her. I saw Amy's arms twitch and her legs too. That's when I knew she was coming back. Just not herself anymore. I let the tears fall down my face as I see her or it sits up trying to bite at Andrea. Everyone starts walking towards them. What they didn't know was that Andrea was already a step ahead. Picking up her gun and aiming it at Amy's head, killing her officially this time.

I knew after what happened last night and just right now. Nothing would ever be the same. I know that this isn't the first and only time we're going to face death. This was just the beginning.