Chapter 21:

England's POV:

We have been driving for a few hours now, neither of us saying a thing. Sophia sleeping in the backseat made me worry about her less knowing she's at peace for the moment. I sigh remembering the event that just occurred a few hours ago, Jacqui had stayed dying along with Jenner. I couldn't be upset or angry at her. It was her choice, I respect that.

"The hell was that?" Daryl says out of nowhere catching me off guard. I turned to him confused.

"The hell was what?"

"What the hell was Jenner talkin bout? Saying his wife was your mom and sh*t." I sigh, turning away.

"It doesn't matter anymore. Why do you care anyway?"

"What ya mean why do I care? Why wouldn't I?" I chuckle sarcastically.

"You haven't spoken a word to me since last night. And when I tried talking to you, you just ignored me. You don't have to pretend to care when you and I both know that you don't. So please do us both a favor and leave me alone." He sighs and opens his mouth to say something, but my horn being heard stops him. We all stop and get out of our cars. Sophia runs and hugs her mother while Carl does the same to me. I let them walk for a while and just focus my attention on my little brother.

"Hey, champ. How are you doing?" He shrugs.

"We almost died. But it's thanks to you we didn't" He says

"Yeah, you saved us out there. Thank you." Sophia says walking up to us. I chuckle a little and look at them.

"You two are my siblings. I will do everything in my power to keep you two safe. Alright?" I have a question. Sophia has a big smile on her face.

"I've never had a sister before." She says in a soft voice looking down.

"Well, now you do," I say, causing her to smile even bigger. My father whistles, gaining our attention. We walk up to them letting the kids go into the RV.

"There isn't enough room in the RV so you're gonna have to ride with Shane, okay?" he says.

"Um-" I go to speak, but Daryl interrupts.

"Nah. It's cool she can ride with me." He looks at my father. Dad eyes us, narrowing his a little before nodding in approval. I walk up to Daryl and get on behind him. I put my hands on his shoulder not really knowing what to do. I hear him scoff. Grabbing my hands he pulls them around his waist. "It's safer if you hold onto me by the waist." He explains. I nod and we take off.

~ * ~ *

We drove for another few hours in peace. Feeling the wind in my face makes me feel free. Making me miss singing songs I would write and how peaceful it made me feel. I sigh leaning my head on Daryl's shoulder.

"I'm sorry for being a b*tch earlier," I shout over the revving of the motor. He shrugs.

"It's aight. Sorry for being a douche to ya. I won't do it again." He shouts back, making me smile a little. I was about to ask him why but was interrupted when he spoke again.

"The hell?" I look over his shoulder and see a traffic jam on the highway. Cars lined up everywhere. Blocking the path for RV to go through. Daryl turns his bike around, lining up to the driver's side of the RV.

"See a way through?" Dale questions. Daryl nodded and we started driving through the cars making sure the spaces were big enough to fit the RV through. Their bodies laid out everywhere causing there to be a nasty smell. Suddenly, we hear an explosive causing me to flinch. We turn and see smoke coming out of the engine in the RV.

"Great." I groan and get off the bike once Daryl parks. Walking up to everyone else.

"What's the problem, Dale?" Shane asks.

"Damn radiator hose. I can never find the part now." Dale sighs, shaking his head. I turn my attention to the cars, seeing there are a lot of supplies.

"Maybe not, but there are other things we can find that are useful." I reason, causing everyone to agree.

"I can siphon more fuel from these cars too," T says.

"Maybe even some food and water."

"This is a graveyard," Mum speaks up looking around feeling uncomfortable. "I don't know how I feel about this." She crosses her arm over her chest. I understand how she's feeling but we don't need things and it doesn't really matter how we get them anymore.

"Alright. Alright, here we go. COme on y'all just look around. Gather as much as you can." Shane orders making everyone go their separate ways. Glenn walks up to me.

"Hey."

"hey. "I respond.

"So... You wanna tell me what happened between you and Daryl." By the mention of his name, I see Daryl look in our direction from the corner of my eyes.

"No."

"Oh come on. I'm your best friend."

"Still no." He groans.

"Why not?" He whines.

"Because I was just a one-night stand to him. That's all." Glenn stops and looks at me. Anger radiating off of him. I can feel Daryls eyes on me, but I don't look at him.

"Did he say that to you?" He questions. I shake my head.

"No, but he didn't have to." Glenns sighs. Trying to lighten up the mood he says,

"At least you won't die a virgin." I glare at him knowing Daryl heard. I turn and start walking away. "What? It's true." Glenns shouts at my back. I flip him off, making him laugh.

I see my father walking, looking around. I walk up to him.

"Hey, dad." he smiles at me.

"Hey, love. You okay." I nod.

"Yeah, just tired." I chuckle low. "Look about what Jenner said-" he cuts me off grabbing my hand and running in the direction where mum and carl with Sophia and carl are. "Dad, what's going -" He shushes me pushing me towards Carl.

"All of you get down under the cars now!" He whispers. I grab Carl bringing him under a car with me. Sophia is on my right. Dad is in front of us and mum and Carol are on his left. The second we get under we hear snarls coming from walkers. Carl gasps and I put my hand over his mouth quieting him down. Sophia looks over at me with wide eyes. I put my finger to my mouth, motioning for her to stay quiet. She nods and keeps her mouth shut. I let out a breath of relief watching the walker's feet walk right by us not knowing we were under the cars.

I don't know how long it was until there weren't any more walkers left. I was beginning to get up from under there when I heard Sophia scream. I get up at the speed of lightning watching her run into the woods with two walkers following after her. Without hesitation. I ran after her. I can hear her mum and dad screaming my name, but I keep running.