Chapter 1

Third Person POV

Klaus stormed into the room, "We have to get the Hollow out of her!" Freya stood over a table that had books scattered over it, "I'm trying but nothing works", Freya said. "Well try something else!" Klaus yelled. Freya looked up with sorrowful eyes, "the Hollow is locked within Hope and neither will wake until the other is dead." Klaus' angry expression dropped for a moment revealing sadness, but was quickly covered up, "No, she's a child! There has to be something else!" Freya shook her head slowly letting him know that there was no other option. He walked out of the room Freya trailing behind him to go tell the others.

He walked into the dining room where everyone was and said, "the Hollow is locked inside of Hope, and she will sleep until one of them dies." The compound was completely silent, and everyone let the news sink in. Hayley started sobbing, Elijah remained calm and went to comfort her. Rebekah started silently crying and was comforted by Marcel. Nobody spoke until finally, Hayley asked, "what's the plan then?" "The only thing we can do is wait, and make sure no one gets to her," Klaus said before walking away to go to his art room to paint out his feelings. Everyone else went to bed early to process what their lives would be like now, and how they could help Hope.

Hopes POV

I opened my eyes to a dark, and foggy room. In the corner of the room stood a dark-haired girl that didn't look more than 18 years old, but I immediately knew who she was. She was the Hollow. After a brief pause she spoke, "this is not the real world, we will be trapped here until one of us dies. I have waited over one thousand years to walk the Earth again, and I can wait a little while longer." She waited for a moment then continued, "This fake reality world will feel like the real world in every way. You will even continue to age here as you do out there. However I do not intend to kill you yet, I have watched from my prison the ancestors trapped me in, and know just about any torture there is. I intend to make you suffer, and then kill you so that I may return to Earth."

My eyes widened in fear thinking about all the things she planned to do to me, and how long before she killed me. She noticed my horror and walked towards me, "this is only the beginning, we are going to have so much fun!" Then everything went dark. I woke up bound to a table. As I was starting to struggle, the Hollow walked over and said tauntingly, "Look who's awake." She pulled out a dagger from her pocket and began to graze it lightly over my arm, and then she turned it and drug it, cutting in all the way from my neck to my shoulder, then to my palm. I screamed, the volume rising and rising until it was louder than I ever screamed before at the feeling of the excruciating pain. She walked away and observed from the wall and watched as I bled to the point where I felt fainter and fainter, then I was totally, mercifully out.

I woke up with a gasp hoping with all my being that this was all a nightmare, but a soon as I saw the darkroom I knew it wasn't. "Finally, you've been out for nearly a day, so much time to just have some fun!" The Hollow exclaimed, "let's see if you can stay awake longer this time," she said walking over to me. She stabbed my stomach, and I began the scream. I could feel the dagger drag against my ribs slowly, and I could hear her chuckling lightly. I could barely feel anymore as I began racking coughs, unfortunately, each one reminding me of the debilitating pain, I slowly lost consciousness as I bled out.

1 year later

It feels like I've been here forever. Every time I wake up she does the same thing, and every time I pass out. When she cuts me with her dagger I no longer scream, the pain dulling after the first few weeks. This time when I woke up she wasn't there and I was no longer tied down. I got up and tried to run for the door, but I had no strength in my legs. I had to steady myself on the table and use the wall to make it to the door. Once I opened the door I saw an open field. I walked out very slowly slightly gaining strength in my body again and saw trees about 20 feet away. I walked towards the trees hoping that the Hollow didn't see me.

I made it to trees and could see a stream ahead. I walked towards the stream and drank the water. I saw my reflection in the water and I looked older than what I remember myself to look like. I began cleaning my arm when I saw her in the water standing behind me. I looked behind me with a frightened look only to see her standing there looking down at me grinning. She grabbed me by my hair and dragged me back to the room. My head hit a rock and I passed out.

Third Person POV

Klaus was watching Hope in the middle of the night like he does every night. He watches her to make sure she is safe, but also with the hope that she will wake up. Her body was growing still even though she was in a magic-induced coma. They all kept looking for ways to wake her up, but with every passing day, they were closer to accepting that their Hope will have to fight the Hollow on her own.

Klaus watched her until sunrise, then he went to get breakfast. He came back and immediately went to his art room to paint. 

Hayley had barely come out of her room this last year, only leaving to feed or go to the bayou to shift. Klaus and Hayley rarely interacted, and when they did it ended in a heated argument over their daughter's circumstance. The compound had been mostly silent. Everyone was grieving in their own way, Marcel running New Orleans, Rebekah shopping endlessly, Elijah stays in his study reading, and Freya spends hours researching ways to wake up Hope. 

The compound had no visitors besides those looking to kill the Mikaelson's who Klaus killed in a blind rage, and everyone hoped that the day Hope wakes up if she wakes up, is soon.