Chapter 8

Hope's POV

I wake to the sun shining in my face through a barred window. There are people all around me. My hands and ankles are tied to the chair I'm sitting in. "Why am I here?" I demand, my eyes glaring into theirs. 

A woman stepped forward, the others stepping back to let her pass. "You are an abomination. You should never have been born," she responds. I try to use magic to break out of these chains but I can't cast even the simplest of spells. She realizes what I'm trying to do. "Those chains prevent the use of magic," she says. 

"Who are you?" I ask, my anger turning to fear, but I won't show it on my face. 

She has a chair brought up and sits in it a few feet from me. "I'm your grandmother, Esther."

"Why do you want to kill me then?" I ask, my confusion growing.

"I created vampires, they are unnatural, they shouldn't exist. If I kill my children then all vampires die, and then that leaves you. I can't leave you to start a new species of vampires?" she concludes. 

"You're a heartless witch," I declare. 

"Call me what you want, but my children should have died a thousand years ago," she announces. She stands and walks out of the room the others following her.

Hours later

Esther walks in the door, alone. She walks up to me takes a pair of scissors and cuts a piece of my hair. I didn't object to it, it wouldn't change anything. "What's that for?" I ask.

"I'm sending a letter to our family," she answers. I have no reply. I know where this goes. She will ransom my life for theirs, and then kill me afterward. 

Third Person POV

The Mikaelsons are scattered throughout the town looking for Hope. Freya is at the compound trying spell after spell to find her. She is getting ready for another spell when she notices a bird with a letter tied to its foot. She walks over and unties the letter from the bird.

To the Mikaelson Family

You have been looking for someone special to you all. I have that person right now. You can have her back and be a happy family if you give up your immortality. For further proof in this letter is enclosed a lock of her hair. 

Your loving Mother,

Esther

Freya immediately called her family telling them about the letter.

30 minutes later

The whole Mikaelson family is in the compound. Klaus is the first to speak, "We killed her once it seems we will have to kill her again." 

"She will be prepared for us to attack," Elijah says. Everyone is contemplating what they can even do. None of them can think of a plan to save Hope, without losing something.