Chapter 4

Hope's POV

I opened my eyes, sat up, and saw that I was in the real world, in my old room. I broke down crying, the events over the last 10 years were too much for me to handle.  I had curled up into a ball against the headboard when I saw him, my dad. "Daddy?" My voice sounded broken, and I'm sure that I looked the part too with my sobs. I could see his eyes were tearing up, and he walked over to me. "Hope?" He said in a very quiet, sad voice. 

When he got to my bed he sat down, and I immediately fell into his arms. I cried into his chest, cried for everything that has happened, but also because I was finally home. He just hugged me back like he would lose me again, and stroked my hair trying to soothe me. He held me tightly and yelled only as loud as he had to, "Hayley," with a voice indicating that this was urgent.

This was enough to awaken everyone in the compound. I could already hear multiple footsteps running towards my room. They all entered through my door one after the other. First was Elijah, Rebekah, Marcel, Freya, and then my Mom. As soon as she saw me she ran to the bed sat down and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back.

Everyone in the room was crying now. Everyone was standing by my bed now, but no one said anything. I knew from The Hollow that I had been gone for 10 years. I cried even harder now remembering all of the things that she did to me. My family stayed there to try and comfort me, but I couldn't stop. The last thing I remember was seeing the sunrise when I cried myself out and fell asleep still in my parent's arms.

Third Person POV

Klaus and Hayley laid Hope back down on her bed and put a blanket over her. They had no clue what to do, they didn't even know what all she had gone through these past 10 years. They left the room quietly to go talk with the rest of the family without waking Hope.

They entered the kitchen where the rest of the Mikaelsons were seated around the table. Hayley and Klaus sat down with them. None of them spoke for a while until Elijah asked, "what are we going to do to help her?" Klaus replied, "I don't know what we can do. All I know is that she was put through hell for 10 years," his voice filled sorrow. 

"We'll figure it out but for now we will let her rest and then we will be there for her every step of the way," Hayley said with that same sorrow that Klaus had. Everyone nodded agreeing with her statement. They all went back to their rooms to try and get some sleep, but no one could sleep. Not after the events that unfolded last night. 

Hope's POV

I woke up at what seemed to be mid-afternoon by the way the sun was positioned in the sky. I made my way to the bathroom after getting some clothes I found on my dresser to take a shower. I got in the shower and started sobbing. "Hope," I heard my dad say worriedly. I didn't respond I couldn't stop sobbing. I got out of the shower and got dressed. I looked in the mirror and screamed causing the mirror to shatter into pieces. I fell to the floor sitting against the counter sobbing when my bathroom door flew open leaving my dad in the doorway with a sad and worried expression on his face. He immediately sat next to me on the floor and hugged me letting me cry out all my tears. 

I sat there crying for probably nearly an hour. "It will be okay. Nothing else will hurt you as long as I'm here," my dad told me trying to calm me. "It was horrible," I whisper, "she did so many things to me," I started crying again. I could feel my dad's anger starting to rise, but he stayed there hugging me. "It will be okay. I won't let anything hurt you, he said reassuring me that I am safe now, "everyone is downstairs if you want to eat." "Yeah, that sounds good," I said quietly. 

We stood and slowly made our way downstairs to the kitchen. When we entered the kitchen everyone froze. They all looked at made sympathetically. "Do you want to sit down and eat," my mom asked me with a gentle voice. "Yeah," I responded so quietly that if she wasn't a vampire she wouldn't have heard. I walked to the table and sat down, and stared at the food. My family came and sat down at the table by me. My mom and dad next to me, Freya and Rebekah across from me, Elijah on the other side of dad, and Elijah on the other side of my mom. 

I slowly started to eat, everyone else started to eat as well. We sat there in silence. I didn't know what to say and apparently neither did my family. When I finished my plate I looked at my family and told them, "I'm tired, I'm going to go sleep." They all nodded their heads, and my mom said, "All right sweetie," in that same gentle voice.

I went up the stairs and into my room. As soon as I closed the door I started to cry. I made my way to my bed and wrapped myself up in the blankets crying myself to sleep.

Third Person POV

It had been 2 hours since Hope went to bed. The Mikaelsons were going to their rooms after talking for 2 hours about Hope and what they were going to do. Klaus and Hayley checked up on Hope on their way to their rooms and found her asleep looking the most peaceful she has in 10 years. They quietly closed the doors and went to their rooms. 

Hours later

The Mikaelsons were awoken by screams. They all ran to Hope's room scared that something had happened to her. When they entered they found her screaming and crying in her sleep. Klaus and Hayley sat on either side of her and tried to wake her from her nightmare. Once she woke up she was still crying but had stopped screaming. Klaus and Hayley hugged her and she sat there crying in their arms.