Chapter 5

Hope's POV

The sun had started to rise when I finally calmed down. I looked at my parents who looked back at me with looks of worry and sadness. I broke from their hug and laid back down, closing my eyes. I could feel them get off the bed and then kiss the top of my head before hearing quiet footsteps walking away and the door opening and closing.

Hours later

I woke up around what looked like noon. I got out of bed and walked to my bathroom and locked the door. I looked in the mirror, I guess my family had it repaired, and saw myself, I looked a mess. I was done with letting The Hollow get to me. I have only been back for a few days, but I spent 10 years with her. I am no longer the same girl I was. I will never let anyone hurt me as she did. The only people I can trust are my family, they won't hurt me.

I took a shower and then I got dressed and brushed my hair letting it fall over my shoulders in a natural wavy look. I left the bathroom heading downstairs looking for my family. I entered the kitchen to see them all seated at the table talking. I sat down in an empty chair next to my father. "Good afternoon," I said in a kind voice.

Everyone was slightly shocked that I was out of my room and talking. "Good afternoon my littlest wolf," my dad said. "What's for lunch," I asked as the last 10 years had never happened, "I'm starving." "What would you like to eat?" My mom asked. "I don't care as long as it's good," I responded. We all sat at the table and had a completely peaceful family lunch. 

When everyone was done eating my Aunt Rebekah spoke, "why don't we have a girl's day today. It can be you, your mom, Freya, and me. We can get you some new clothes and have some fun." I thought about it for a second and then replied, "absolutely." 

Later that day

We were walking back to the car after spending hours shopping. We got new clothes and had fun. In the car, on the way home I stared out the window watching the landscape as we drove. I must have fallen asleep in the car because when I woke up I wasn't in the car. But I wasn't in my room either. I was in... No, it isn't possible I can't be here. The place where I was held for 10 years.

I killed her she is dead. This can't be real. I tried to move but I was chained to the table. The door opened and I didn't need to look to know who it was. It was The Hollow. I tried to scream but I couldn't. I was no longer in control of my body. She walked over to me and stared me in the eyes. "Miss me," she said. 

I tried to move again but couldn't. "Your father will enjoy this one," she said. Then she grabbed my arm and started chanting. "Hybrid Maledicta," she chanted over and over. I realized something at this moment. I have lived this before, but before I could think further I was overwhelmed with immense pain. Pain that I have never felt. Almost as though something was being disconnected from me. I tried to scream again and it worked this time.

I opened my eyes and jolted up. I was in my room. My parents came running into my room followed by aunts and uncle. "What's wrong?" My parents asked at the same time, their voices laced with worry. "It was a nightmare," I answered staring at the wall trying to piece together the nightmare, but something was off about it. It wasn't just any nightmare, it was a nightmare about what she did to me. 

"What happened?" My father asked me. My family was looking at me with worry. "It was about something that The Hollow did to me." I paused contemplating what had happened. "She did some kind of spell on me," I finished while looking at my Aunt Freya. "What did she say when she cast the spell," she asked me with concern in her voice. 

"She was chanting Hybrid Maledicta," I replied not knowing at all what the spell does. My whole family paled as soon as I said this. I had no clue what this meant and no one was saying anything.