The Trip

A week before lunar new year, the group planned a trip together for them to hang out officially as a group, a more chilled out trip, somewhere outside of the city. Just for them to unwind from whatever that might be bothering them.

Initially Jimin was reluctant whether he should join the trip, but he got guilt tripped by his best friend, and he gave in. Yes, Jungkook and Jessi will be there for the trip too, but that's what Jimin probably needs. He needs to see the intimate interactions between the duo, just so he could draw a line, and cut the feelings.

They started the journey early in the morning, and Jungkook is the driver because none of them wants to drive. Jungkook texted Jimin ten minutes before he arrived at Jimin's house, and there he was, seated in the front passenger seat, in a very awkward situation, because it has been months since Jimin was in this position. They kept the conversation to a minimum, and Jimin's reason was, he is still sleepy and he is basically pretending to be sleepy. The next stop was Jessi's house, upon arrival Jimin wanted to change his seat, so that Jessi could be seated at his place, however Jungkook stopped him from doing that. He held Jimin's hand, and they locked their eyes, "I want you to be seated beside me".

One after another got in the vehicle, singing some stupid songs, laughing at each other's lame joke. Everyone is doing that but Jimin. He was being extremely silent, thoughts playing around in his head. He is wondering why, why is Jungkook suddenly acting differently all of a sudden. He could tell Jungkook genuinely wants him to be by his side, but he is not sure on why and what's the reason. All this while, his petite hands were intertwined with Jungkook's hand, hidden from everyone else that was in the vehicle.

Minutes later they stopped at a rest-and-go station, and while having a ciggy break, Jessi came over to Jimin, asking if he is doing fine, and he had been missing out on the hang out after work session lately, Jimin brushed it off telling her that he wanted to be alone, and there are things needed to be taken cared of at home. The conversation was going pretty well, until Jessi told Jimin, that she and Jungkook got into a very heated conversation, and if it weren't because of Jimin, she wouldn't even want to join the trip. There it was, once again Jimin felt that he was being ripped apart, a part of him is telling him. Jungkook might have feelings for him, another part of him is telling him that Jungkook needed him there because Jessi is not there.

Knowing the reason now, Jimin is really disappointed, but he can't do anything about it. One, he can't bring himself to hate Jungkook, and he can't blame it on Jessi because Jungkook wants her and not him. He wanted to leave at that moment, and not join the trip, but they are now miles away from his house, there is no turning point for him right now.

"Jimin-ah, ignore all those unwanted feelings, and keep going, it's just two days". He tried to trick his mind with these internal communications.

They arrived at a resort two hours after that break. It was a water chalet on a beach. They checked in and it was time for room choosing. Jimin wanted to be with Taehyung, but Jungkook came out of the room telling everyone, he will be sharing the room with Jimin and he wanted to share with Jimin only.

Taehyung hissed at Jungkook, but Jimin stopped him, telling his best friend that it's only a two day thing, he can bear with it. While Jimin got settled in the room, Jungkook came in and sat beside Jimin. " Are you avoiding me Jiminie?" The way Jungkook looked into Jimin's eye, the tone of his voice, just everything it's so genuine. However Jimin knew his sudden change might be because of the heated conversation that he had with Jessi. "Nope, why would I be?" Jimin casually replied, and got back into his luggage looking for a beach outfit.

Beach is always a safe haven for Jimin, hearing the ocean slammed into the sand, the breeze always calms Jimin down. He was joined by Taehyung , and there they were, admiring the beach, smoking cigarettes, laughing at each other's jokes. Taehyung wrapped Jimin in his embrace, and told him that everything is going to be fine, and that he should not think about anything these two days but to have fun. Jimin laid on his best friend's shoulder and told him that Jungkook was acting weird, but he withheld the reason for Jungkook's sudden change. Deep down, Jimin wanted whatever that is happening between him and Jungkook to last. But the logical side of him is telling him otherwise. "Babe, maybe this is something you need to go through, as much as i want to help you, but there are things you need to face by yourself," Jimin nodded, and they sat there watching the sun slowly fade away.

Dinner came, and they were gathered at the cafeteria. Jimin wanted to have some barbecued chicken and stuff, while the others wanted japanese food. But no one wants to drive out of the resort to look for japanese food, so they have to settle with the options that the resort had to offer.

Jungkook is practically beside Jimin all the time, it was as if Jimin would disappear if he was not there with him. He prepared every food that he thought Jimin would like, and brought it over to Jimin. Peeled prawns, sliced meat, all Jimin had to do was lift a fork, and put it in his mouth. He was pampered basically.

Jimin enjoyed every second of it. He felt that he was loved and cared for by Jungkook because of his actions. That's the first time, that day he smiled and laughed genuinely. But deep down he knew, everything would end when Jessi and him had their issue sorted out. He just wants to be selfish for once, even though these feelings and these actions it's just temporary.

Someone ordered a few buckets of beer after the sumptuous dinner. Beer with music is the best concoction for a wild night. Indeed, Jimin got really wasted and Jungkook had to take care of him, so he and Jimin both left the group, and got back to their chalet and into their room. He gave a glass of warm water to Jimin, and waited a bit for Jimin to sober up, so that he could clean himself up.

Thirty minutes pass, both of them are on the bed, with Jimin back facing him, and there is a huge gap between them. Both of them can't really sleep, because it was awkward, and it's the first time they shared a bed. Jimin could definitely feel that Jungkook is tossing and turning around, from the movements on the other side of the bed. He wanted to ask Jungkook what's on his mind badly, but he was conflicted himself as well. Until suddenly, he felt Jungkook's hands were on his shoulder, trying to pull him in closer. He tried to hold still so that he won't be fully engulfed into Jungkook's embrace, but eventually he failed.

Head resting on Jungkook's arm, being in his embrace is what Jimin could only dream of, until now. "Jungkook-ah, this is not right" Jimin tried to wriggle his way out of the tight embrace, but obviously failed. Jungkook may not be a muscle pig, but nevertheless, his grip is tight.

"No Jiminie, this is what i want" The tone is scary and demanding at the same time. Jimin is once again whipped. He stayed there still back facing Jungkook. He knew he would do something overboard, if they were face to face. So it is best that he stayed in his current position. But things had to go the other way round for Jimin, because Jungkook is slowly turning him over so that they could face each other. Jimin is fighting against it, but he wants it too. So they were not facing each other. Jungkook is brushing off the platinum strands of hair away from his face, that is covering Jimin's alluring hazel eye. " Jimin-ah, I know you were avoiding me, why?" Jimin tried to look away, because he knew he would come up with the reason why he is distancing himself from him. But the look from Jungkook makes it hard for Jimin to ignore him. "I had too Jungkookie, i know how my feelings are, and i know you don't feel the same as I do" Jimin tried to fight back the tears that were forming in his eye, but he failed. Jungkook held his face, thumbing the tears away. He didn't make a sound, but kept their eyes locked on each other.

Jimin knew he had to cut this connection off. He knew if he let whatever this goes on, he would hurt Jessi. As much as he wants to be selfish for once in his life, he can't hurt his best friend. With that thought running in his mind, he held Jungkook's hand and told him "We can't, i-i i can't Jungkook, I don't want to hurt anyone else" He then tried to push Jungkook further away, only to hear Jungkook replies "I have feelings for you too Jiminie, it's just I'm not sure, can you not push me away tonight?" Once again, the sincerity in his voice, it was at that moment, Jimin knew, he would never be able to get this person in front of his eye out of his mind and his world, and most importantly his heart. 

***************

A/N :

How was it? Good ?

As usual, comment, share, vote and follow if you haven't already!