CHAPTER FOUR

It was narrated from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whomever Allaah has blessed with a righteous wife, He has helped him with half of his religion, so let him fear Allaah with regard to the other half".
Narrated by al-Bayhaqi in Shu’ab al-Eemaan (4/382). 

“When will I be expecting my cuties?” She smiled as she spoke into the mouthpiece.

“In two weeks time” A lady's voice said from the other end.

“Two weeks?! That is far Aaliyah. I can't wait to have them"

Aaliyah chuckled.

“Okay Nihlah. Let's see what happens in ten days time”

“Ten days?”

“Yeah, hopefully in shaa Allah”

“Aaliyah please don't disappoint me”

“I don't plan on doing that” Aaliyah chuckled when she said that.

“If you do I swear I'll fly down to Dubai, bite off your ears and take cute Aslam away from you”

Aaliyah chuckled again.

“You won't need to do that girl, you can count on me”

“It's okay then. Send my regards to cute Aslam and his dad”

“I will. Take care” and the call ended.

Nihlah smiled as she relaxed in her swivel chair. Aaliyah was her colleague in school who later turned out to be her Abaya supplier. Aaliyah was based in Dubai with her husband and three year old cute Aslam, as Nihlah called him. She had suppliers both within and outside Dubai so she would inform Nihlah whenever there were new supplies, Nihlah would have a look via social media, and then place her own orders. Nihlah was Aaliyah’s main customer and because she always paid in full, Aaliyah enjoyed doing business with her.

Just three days ago, Nihlah received a message from Aaliyah informing her that there was a new design of Abaya she saw, but it was out of stock. Nihlah demanded for a picture and when she saw it, she fell in love with it immediately. It looked unique, cool and beautiful. She immediately placed an order worth six hundred thousand Naira. Now Aaliyah just assured her of their arrival in ten days time. She couldn't wait, she was eager to see herself in one of those abayas.

The soft knock that came on the door made Nihlah move her eyes towards that direction. Seconds later, the door opened revealing a young lady, probably in her early twenties.

“Assalam alaikum” The lady said once she was inside the office.

“Wa alaikum salam Saleemah” Nihlah responded, now sitting up from her relaxed position.

“Ma you have a visitor” Saleemah, her secretary said.
She briefly glanced at her wall clock. 11:15am.

“Let her in”

“It's a he Ma”

“A he?” Nihlah knitted her brows. Not that she never got male visitors, she did, but they were strictly based on appointments and she wasn't expecting any male visitor today. She looked at her wall clock again.

“I thought I don't have any male visitor today”

“Yes Ma. He says his name is Kamal” Saleemah said and Nihlah felt her heart flutter at the mention of his name. Kamal? What was he doing here?