CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"Recite what is sent of the Book by inspiration to you, and establish regular Prayer: for Prayer restrains from shameful and unjust deeds; and remembrance of Allah is the greatest (thing in life) without doubt. And Allah knows the (deeds) that you do"
Q(29:45)

The day came to pass by in a blur and the evening came by so fast. She had slept for four hours straight after Kamal gave her that bath she needed.
While she was still on her prayer mat where she prayed Zuhr and Asr, Kamal came in and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Hey” He caressed the side of her face.

“Hey” She looked up at him with a smile.

“How're you feeling now?” He asked.

“Much much better” She smiled.

“I've not had a sweet nap like today's in a while. It felt like heaven” She added.

“I know right?” He chuckled.

“That's because I was there to keep you company” He said and she rolled her eyes.

“You sound so sure”

“Of course. I'm the love of your life”

“Console yourself” She forced back a smile and he laughed.

“I'd have agreed I was doing that if you're not blushing right now”

“Oh am I?” and they laughed together.

“Come on. I need to take you somewhere” He held out his hand and she held it for support. He helped her sit on the bed and then squatted in front of her.

“Get on and don't say anything” He said and she chuckled.

“Shyness is path of faith” She said and simply hopped on.

“I said not to say anything Nehlah” and she chuckled again.

Kamal carried her on his back all the way to wherever he was taking her to. He refused to say a word about it even after countless questions from Nihlah.

“Okay, you're gonna close your eyes and open them only when I say so” He said with so much excitement when he helped her stand on her crutches in front of a room.

“Then how do I get in? I can't walk with my crutches with my eyes closed” She sounded nervous that Kamal had to chuckle.

“Calm down honey, I'll guide you” and she let out a deep breath. She had no idea why they were there or what they were going to do there. She was simply obeying his orders.

“Ready?” He raised his brows and she nodded, closing her eyes afterwards.  

She heard him open the door and like he promised, he guided her in.

“Open your eyes Nehlah” He whispered and just as she opened her eyes, shouts of ‘Welcome Home’ filled the air.

The first thing she saw, were faces -smiling faces. Then she began to pick out the faces one after the other - Her mum, her dad, her mother in-law, her father in-law, Khadijah, Halima, Bilqees (Kamal's brother's wife), Yasmeen, Aneesah and all the children. They all looked genuinely happy, even Aneesah.