Chapter 1

Hey, hey, hey! I'm Kenji James Smith, I'm 19-years-old, and I have been living with my older brother Kai, for the last four years. Our parents Mark and Candice, kicked me out for my sexuality - I'm gay, and I have known this since I was 10-years-old when I realized I was interested in boys, and not girls like my friends.

I proudly told my parents of my sexuality when I turned 15-years-old, and I thought they would accept me as I thought they would still love me for me. Man, I was horribly wrong I was! Before Kai arrived at the house for our family dinner for my fifteenth birthday, I told my parents, and I was promptly beat by my dad for my "sin", and bringing it into his and my mother's home.

When Kai arrived, he found my battered, bleeding body lying on the front porch where my father drug me, and left me with two packed bags with some of my belongings - packed curtesy of my mother while my father was beating the hell out of me. Kai instantly called the police, who arrived ten minutes later along with an ambulance. I was in the hospital for a week with two broken ribs, a fractured rib, a broken left wrist, a fractured right eye socket, and many cuts and bruises. The police officers arrested my dad on child abuse, and attempted murder charges, and they arrested mum as an accessory to those charges.

Kai was granted immediate guardianship of me by a judge while I was recovering in the hospital, so I've been living with him ever since. He has never told our parents his sexuality which is pansexual, but it's hard to tell them that when we haven't spoken to them in years. Dad was sentenced to six years in prision, and mum was sentenced to two years in prison, and four years of probation.

I'm 5'7", slim build with a small four-pack abs, black 'Emo' hair, sky blue eyes, and snake bites. Kai is 5'10", slim build like me but with a six-pack abs, messy brown hair that is slightly wavy, and dark blue eyes. He has been dating a guy named Adam Clark, for the last two years, and he has been living with us for a year now. Kai works as an architect at 'Peterson Architetural Design Co.' for the last six years. Adam is 5'7", slim build, short dark brown hair, pretty green eyes, and he works as a computer analist.

I also work at 'Peterson Architetural Design Co.' as the mail delivery person for each floor of the company, which is three floors. I sort and deliver the incoming and outgoing mail, deliver the incoming mail, and have everything that is outgoing in the correct bins for the postal worker to pick up every week day by 5 p.m. I have been with this company for a year now, and Kai helped me get this job.

"Ready for work, little brother?" Kai asks as I enter the kitchen dressed in my Kahki pants, black slip-on shoes, and a black long sleeve shirt.

"Yeah," I mumble still trying to wake up as I pour coffee into my silver travel mug.

Eventhough today is Friday, I didn't sleep well last night since I have nightmares still from my fifteenth birthday. I hate celebrating my birthday, and refuse to do so since then.

"How bad was your nightmares last night?" Adam softly asks as he sips his coffee while leaning against the counter by the fridge.

"Sorry," I mumble avoiding his question and gaze while moving toward the front door.

"No need to be sorry, Ken, we're just worried about you," Adam replies, and I nod silently at him as the three of us leave the house together.

We ride to and from work together with Adam being dropped off first, and picked up last on our way home.

Once Kai and I arrive at work, we go our seperate ways - me to the basement, and Kai to the second floor. Once I've sorted the mail to be delivered an hour after arriving at work, I head out with the loaded rolling cart toward the elevator. Delivering to the first floor, I take the elevator again to the second floor, hand out the mail there, before stopping at Kai's cubical for a few minutes to talk with him before heading to the third floor.

I always dislike being on the third floor as that is Mr. Peterson's floor, the owner of the business. In all the time I've been working here, I have never meet him, and I don't want, too, either. He's the owner of the successful company, and I don't want to embarress myself in front of him, or worse, end up being fired by him for doing or saying something stupid in front of, or to him.

While delivering the mail to the third floor, I always give Mr. Peterson's mail to his P.A. (Personal Assistant) Kennedy Lewis everyday. Luck is not on my side today as how I finally met Mr. Peterson. I was at the last cubical before giving Kennedy Mr. Peterson's mail, and Mr. Brewer is giving me a hard time, like normal.

"Damn, late like normal," Mr. Brewer growls, angerly taking the mail from my outstretched left hand. "Why are you so fucking slow?"

I've learned not to reply to Mr. Brewer as it only angers him more. I stay until he decides he done being an ass before leaving, or his hollers out his nastiness even worse the next day.

"What the hell is going on here?" a deep voice growls from behind me causing me to shiver in delight.

"This little fag is late again in bringing me my mail," Mr. Brewer instantly replies while snearing at me. "If he wasn't flirting with anyone with a dick, he'd be on time."

"He's right on time as always, and you know this, Mr. Brewer," Kennedy's light, musical voice replies as she comes to stand next to me on my right, and she seems pissed.

"His sexuality is none of your buisness, either," she seeths, and I'm unsure as to why she's this upset.

"Mr. Brewer, you will stop harrassing this young man now, or there will be consequenses to your actions and words," the man growls lowly, and that's when I realize he's Mr. Peterson.

"That's not fair, Mr. Peterson! I don't want a fag working here, or touching my mail! He's going to pass his dieses onto me sooner or later since he's the one who handles the mail!" Mr. Brewer whines like a damn child, he even pouts at the man behind me while crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yes it is fair. Act like an adult, and not a child," Mr. Peterson growls with a quirk of his sculpted right eyebrow. "You work for someone who signs your paychecks that isn't straight, so if this a problem for you, I expect your letter of resignation on my desk by the end of the day."

My jaw drops as Mr. Brewer's eyes widen as he mumbles out something I couldn't quite catch. I quietly hand Kennedy Mr. Peterson's mail with a weak smile at her while I avoid Mr. Peterson's gaze.