Chapter 7: The bruises and punchs

Chapter 7

I didn't make a sound I didn't say anything, I just stood there. She hit me again this time with her knuckles came right down on the corner on my eye luckily it didn't split but still agonizing pain shot across my face I closed my eye to try and help the pain. I fell back from the blow make a thud as I hit the floor, my mother grabbed my face grossly strong so I was now looking up at her my eyes, still burning with determination and frustration on the other side my mothers eyes were so dark they were like black holes that just suck you in.

A tear rolled down my cheek from the pain on my left eye but I still held strong "apologize." Her ice cold voice cause a shive to run down my spine, at my silence response her grip got tighter squeeze my split lip and red cheek making the pain increase ten fold. "I'm sorry mother." My whisper was a bit shaken but it was still stern and for some reason I felt a small bit brave in that moment.

My mother released her grip causing my face to fall, my loose hair fell over my face allowing small tears to roll down my cheeks. I may have experienced abuse my entire life but that didn't mean I didn't feel ever second of it, every hit and punch.

My mother rubbed her knuckles from the hit she gave me "now, I have foundation in our bathroom it's in my basket you know where that is right?" I just heavily nodded my head in response "ok, make sure it all taken care of I want to see that outfit on in 20 minutes" my mom continued like nothing happened "you WILL come down and apologize to Mason" my head shot up to look at my mother who was standing by the door "Mason?" I choked out hoping this meant what I think it meant "yes, I have decided that you don't have to call him father for now" she opened the door and walked out without saying another word.

I sighed in relief I slowly got up and made my way into the washroom. After gently applying the foundation over my now bruised eye which hurt like hell! I didn't know what to do about my lip it didn't look noticeable so I just left it, I looked at myself in the mirror I looked fine now. I walked out of their room and into my own and put on the tight skirt and wool sweater took a quick look just to make sure nothing was noticeable then made my way downstairs 'just get it over with' I thought to my self as I approached the kitchen where Mason, Zac, and my mom were still sitting. "There, now you look appropriate" my mom said look satisfied, I looked over to Zac who had a sad look on his face could he see through the foundation?!

Was he disgusted by how I look?! No, I don't care what he thinks, I just met him, Why am I caring what he thinks of me? But I couldn't help feeling embarrassed about myself. I looked to Mason who had a soft smile on his face which I returned which was interrupted by my mother coughing gesturing for my to apologize now.

"I'm very sorry for my actions. I did not in any way want to make you feel uncomfortable, please forgive me" My words didn't even belong to me, my hand were behind my back to hide my balled fists of anger and frustration.

I let my eyes wonder around the table one more time first seeing Zac's face now seeming angry I could feel my heart drop, I looked over to Mason how had a shocked expression "oh my dear girl! You acted fine! Next time just listen to your mother" he gave my mother a big smile before picking up her hand and kissed it making her gloomy mood shift into a happy, smitten one. Eww. Without looking over to Zac I left the kitchen.

~ few hours later~ ( around lunch )

The swelling around my eye cooled down, after my little episode in the kitchen I went to Parker who hugged me for like 20 minutes almost breaking my ribs after that she snuck me some ice and Tylenol to help with the pain. We also watch Brooklyn nine nine on Netflix which after a while my eye looked better it was still black and blue but it wasn't the size of a basketball anymore and I could actually open my eye so that was good it's easier to hide.