Chapter 31: Arrival

Parker POV

We've been driving for a few hours now and I've never been so bored. We finally stopped at a gas station, the car was parked as Mason got out and started filling the tank, I squirmed in my seat looking at anything and everything that could distract me from my very full bladder. I clench my jaw to will myself to hold it. I can't take this, "I'm going to go to the bathroom!" I yell throwing the car door open and running inside the building.

I weave my way through the aisles until I reached the door with the sign of the girl's washroom.

After finishing my business and washing my hands I stepped out of the room to see Aiden waiting for me in the hallway. "Are you a stocker now?" I asked teasingly as I walked past him "hey man, I'm just following orders" he said shoving his hands in his pockets. He followed close as we re-entered the store.

The store was quiet and only one other man was looking around, we started walking down the aisles when Aiden grabbed a few bags of chips, skittles, gummy worms, fun dip, and beef jerky. "Woah, what's all that for?" Aiden's hands were now overflowing with stuff.

  "We need snacks. I'm starving" he says nonchalantly, dumping some stuff into my hands before walking over to the Slurpee machine. It takes a minute for me to register what just happened before I smiled to myself and skip after him. Well making my way over I accidentally dropping the gummy worms, quickly picked it up I jumped to Aiden's side excitedly bumping my shoulder with him as I reposition my hands to better hold the mountain of junk food.

Aiden chuckled at my giddiness before holding his chin like he was thinking "options, options. Okay, I think I'm going to do coke, blue raspberry, and sprite" I nod looking at the variety of flavours, there were so many choices I didn't know what I wanted. "Hmm... I don't know how about root beer, crush cream Soda, crush grape and crush lime" Aiden scoffed "wow, that's a lot of crushes" I frowned at him
"don't judge me." He just shrugged

"Whatever kid, let's go," he says walking away to the counter with me close behind as I hummed a sweet toon. I dumped the mountain of food onto the counter that parted us from a thick man with a greasy white shirt, or should I say used to be white that hugged tightly to his plump body particularly his stomach area. It pulled the fabric so tight that it couldn't contain it from falling out and hanging out over his jeans.
He looked about 30 maybe but because of his weight, bad skin and greasy hair it made him look ten years older but I didn't care about him as I looked over a BTS magazine admiring all of their handsome well-scalped faces.

The sound of beeping could be heard in the background as the man ran our items through, I flipped through the pages of the magazine wondering when their next album would come out. Aiden and the man slipped into a conversation which I wasn't paying attention to until Aiden's foot hit mine accidentally, I looked up to the two of them and the conversation instantly when quite which held a tension that made me frown with confusion.

When I look at the man, he stood stiffly as if moving would rip his heart right out of his chest. His eyes were downcast and his forehead was dripping with sweat, he looked everywhere but at me, as his chubby fingers trembled which trying to punch in the numbers in the machine.

I looked over at Aiden to see his arms crossed and his brows frowning darkly which even in his younger age he was still intimidating, just like his brothers. He continued to look sharply at the man before looking down at me, his eyes softened and his lip turns up slightly amused as his eyes flickered from me to the magazine. He then reached over and grabbed the magazine out of my hands and placed it on the counter.

"This as well." He said coldly which the man quickly made to scan it through, my cheeks heated and I quickly looked down to my feet embarrassed.

Aiden paid and handed me two bags well he held the other two in one hand, my magazine in the other that he handed to me and made his way towards the door not even bothering to say some much as a thank you to the man so I just gave him a small wave, still wanting to be polite.
Aiden didn't like that I guess as he put a protective arm around my shoulders, give a small 'come on' and exited the store.