Chapter 26: The Truth

Jade POV

No sudden moves by Julia Nunes blasted in my ear as I did a Ollie over a coke can that was on the ground. Aiden was close by me doing some heelflips as he tried to get a group a girls to look at him in which I just ignored him. I was trying to drown my racing heart beat by listening to music but it didn't really help, I did a quick heelflip as I circled around the park.

The park was in a pretty great spot in town, it was on the side of the road across from a series of small stores. I sighed as my hands started shaking again, how was I going to tell mom?

- Backtrack to in the car -

We all entered the car and started driving down the road. I felt a vibrate from inside my pocket so I pulled out my phone and looked down at the screen,

1 new message from, New York Metropolitan Correctional Center Prison

"Hello Jadelyn, this is Officer McKenzie. I am to inform you that prisoner 136, also know as Mateo Williams was released yesterday. If you need any more information please call this number and someone will be in contact."

My heart sunk a little as I bit my lip nervously, he's out. He's out, will he come for us? What happens if he does? He'll kill me. I tried to take a breath but it seem that I forgot how to, he was let out yesterday why am I just hearing this now?! Will mother's new boy toy protect us? He has the money.

My thought stopped spinning like a tornado when a hand was placed on my arm, my head snapped to the person making them flinch. My blurry vision cleared in sight of her and my breath became even, "Are you okay? What's going on?" My little sister asked worry lacing her words.

I couldn't tell her, Parker was just starting to be happy like a normal 14 year old I could not put that burden on her. I looked down at the message again before quickly shoving the phone under my leg before making up an excuse.

End of flashback

I ran my hand through my hair as I sighed. Doing a few more tricks I rolled up to Benjamin who was sitting on his board talking to a few guys, "hey kid" he leaned back on his hands looking up at me. Not feeling like talking I nodding my head in acknowledgement as I shifted my foot and stepped on the end of my board making to pop up and caught it. "These are my buddies Terry and Nick, this is my sister Jade" Ben introduced making my heart shipped a beat when he said sister but I quickly pushed aside the strange warm feeling and waved at the two boys.

Nick gave me a small smile while the guy name Terry kept looking me up and down. I held back a scoff as a smirk pulled of his face when he made eye contact with me, Benjamin suddenly stood up and turned to me his face scrunched in a scowl. I gave him a look of confusion, seeing my confusion he looks softly towards me for a second before nodding his head to wards the guys and attaching his thumb and pointer finger into an 'o' shape while extending the rest of his three unclenched fingers, saying 'asswhole' in sigh language.

I crack a smile, 'you know sign language?' I asked, 'A little' he signed back. I crossed my arms over my chest before looking over his shoulder and see the boy still staring at us, more specifically me. He winks before licking his lips, I turn back to Ben 'he is kinda cute' I sign jokingly.

He scoffed before rolled his eyes putting his hands on my shoulders and turned me around. I let out a groan in which he chuckled and to my frustration patted my ass as I walked away.

I jumped back into my board and flipped him off in which he gave a scolding "Hey!" but I dropped down the ramp before he could say anything further. I looked over to Parker who was happily humming well doing a heelflip with ease and rolled around making me smile at her cuteness.