Chapter-3

Okay, I may have a little crush on my boss. Only a little. Like, little little little.

Currently, he's staring at the intern in front of him with those eyes having a crystal clear look in them. He hasn't shaved for a few days and that stubble looks good on him. He's wearing a dark grey suit with a white shirt underneath sans tie.

"Miss Reed will show you your workplace." He said, bringing me out of my thoughts. I sat straighter. He shook his head at me then stood up, buttoning his suit. I knew we were dismissed.

"That was scary." The young guy said as soon as we stepped out of his office.

"I called him an asshole during my third month, to his face, If that makes you feel better." I tell him with a laugh.

"You did?" He asks, shocked.

"Yeah."

"And he didn't fire you?" He asks.

"I still don't know if he didn't hear it or decided to ignore it."

"How long are you working here for?" He asks again.

"I'll complete 2 years in 6 weeks."

"Wow."

"This is where you'll join the rest of the interns..." I trail off, not remembering his name as I was focusing on much better things back when he introduced himself.

"Daniel. Daniel Benson."

"Daniel. I'll take my leave now, enjoy." I left with a wave.

I still had some time before going back to his office so I decided to stop at the cafe a little far away from our building. I skipped breakfast anyway.

After having a smoothie and sandwich, I bought their famous huge cookies for Chase. That man has a serious case of a sweet tooth, he'll never admit it and will continue to give me the stink eye when I catch him eating something sweet. This has become a routine between us.

"Hi boss." I say, entering his office. As usual he ignored me and continued typing.

"I got you something." I said, forwarding the bag of cookies. He looked at the paper bag and then at me. I know he was waiting for me to leave but I sat on the chair in front of him.

He bit his finger lightly while leaning back on his chair. Both of us were looking at the cookies.

When he made no move to pick up the cookies, I decided to take one from four of them.

"What do you think you are doing?" He asked, frowning.

"Eating a cookie? I bought?" I say. He looked at me and then at the cookie in my hand and ate it.

"Get back to work." He said with a straight face. A thankyou would've been nice.

Jerk.

"You have a meeting with Mr. Harrington in 10 minutes." I remind him. He groaned. He claimed that he didn't like Brett Harrington, but that was a lie. They both have a love-hate relationship going on. Brett being the goof he is, irritates Chase.

He stood up and opened a drawer in his desk, took out a tie and threw it at me.

"Excuse me." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Tie it."

"Why can't you do that?"

"I'm busy." He said, taking a bite from his second cookie.

Liar. He doesn't know how to tie a tie.

I wrapped it around my neck and tied it for him. "Here." I handed it.

"This is too short for me." He said in a bored tone and threw it back, picking up his third cookie. See? Sweet tooth.

I re-tied it, but it was again too short for this giant. I undid it and wrapped it around his neck, he froze. His hands stopped mid-air with the last cookie in his hand. I can't believe he finished it all in 10 minutes.

"What are you doing?" He almost whispered.

"Tying the tie."

He cleared his throat before continuing to eat. I'm shocked he hasn't pushed me away yet as I was clearly in his personal space.

"Done." I pat the tie, getting my suspicions right, his body is rock hard. Before I could step back, The door to his office flew open and Brett comes strolling in, a lollipop in his mouth and a smirk on his face.

"You finally banging him?" He asks me.

"Shut up idiot." Chase snaps and went back to his chair.

"Wassup Cellular."

"It's Celeste idiot."

"Okay Cellular." He said innocently.

Chase cleared his throat in annoyance. "You're not needed, Miss Reed. You can leave."

Rude.

Half an hour later, Brett entered my office, chewing the lollipop's stick now.

"Ew. Throw it away now!"

"It still has some taste. Shut up you uncultured swine."

"How was the meeting?" I ask.

"Nice. He obviously didn't agree with my ideas but to not meet me again he somehow agreed." He laughed. "So are you free tonight?" He asks with a smirk.

"Brett." I pursed my lips.

"What?"

"You're married."

"I know, I was asking so you can babysit my kid." He winked.

"Have Chase do it." I suggest.

"He'll never agree. Pleaseeeee, I'm begging. I'm sex deprived. That brat sleeps in our bed or Soph sleeps in his room. I didn't even have a quickie in the last month." He said with pleading eyes.

"He is your kid!" I exclaim.

"He's devil's spawn! You know he locked his last babysitter in the bathroom? And the one before her? She left within 20 minutes. Devil's spawn!" He exaggerates.

"Don't know if that information is to make me say yes or not."

"He loves you, c'mon! You met him!" He says. I did meet his little guy on his 5th birthday because Chase dragged me to the party. He's the sweetest little child but who knows?

"I don't know..kids don't like me so much." I say.

"You can't lie to save your life Cel, shut up. Please? Just for two days? I wouldn't even ask you if his grandparents were in the state. Sophia's friend is on her honeymoon, I don't trust my kid with my guys and Chase the asshole won't agree. You're my last friend left. Please?" He gives me the puppy eyes.

"Okay fine."

"Thank fuck." He sighed in relief and immediately called Sophia.

"Guess who's finally getting laid tomorrow?" He said to the person on the other side. I stopped listening to this filter-less man's voice and shook my head. How will I babysit a five year old.

Please, be a nice weekend, I prayed.