Chapter-33

ɪ'ʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴀ
ɪɴ ꜰʀᴏɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴇ
........

As soon as we reached home, he stormed into the bathroom. Pico hissed at the door since he startled him. I took that time to change out of my dress. I tried not to get stuck this time though.

I picked up the bowl Pico was eating from and kept it away. It's been awfully long since he went in there, I turn the knob to find it open. "Chase?" I call. I didn't hear a reply but the sound of a running shower. His shirt was lying on the floor while he stood there in his pants, rubbing his arms.

It all felt like deja vu, this time I was just witnessing him doing it. His arms were all red from all the rubbing. I rushed to him, holding his hands to stop him. Fuck, the water was burning hot. It seemed like he didn't even notice my presence in there until I touched his hands, which he jerked away.

"No, no." He said, gasping for air. I turned off the shower. He was desperately trying to wash off her touch.

"Stop. Please, she's never going to touch you again. I promise. Stop hurting yourself." I say, reaching for his hands again. He didn't push away but didn't hold them either. "Come here." I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Don't let her affect you, she clearly wanted this. You're stronger than that." I say, pulling back just to be pressed against him as he decides to hug me back. "You need to treat your skin. It'll hurt later, c'mon." I say, trying to pull again.

"Do you think I'm dirty too?" He asks quietly.

"You're the purest person I've ever met. Whoever said that to you just needs my fist to meet their face." I tell him. Blair Stone deserves a special place in hell and I want to take a part in making that possible sooner. "Let's get into dry clothes now, shall we?" I say, picking up the towel and handing it to him. "I'll bring your clothes." I tell him before running to the closet and picking up his clothes.

"Here, change and come out quickly. Don't you dare turn the shower on again." I warn before walking out.

He did listen to me and come out after changing. "You forgot the tshirt." He says.

"I know, come here. I'll put this aloevera gel on your body first. That burn you gave yourself needs to heal quickly." I tell him, showing the bottle of aloevera gel to him.

He took a seat on the bed, keeping the towel aside. I squeezed some gel in my hands and rubbed on his arms. "That's not how you cope. That burn could've been worse." I scold him. "Turn around now." I say. He does. I do the same on his back before telling him to let it absorb.

"You didn't have to stop me y'know? I could've killed her and nobody would've suspected it was me. I'm a genius in that department! I had this friend in highschool, he was into some shady shit. I learned a few things." I tell him. He just shakes his head and throws the towel away from the bed and lies down.

I lay down beside him, facing him. "Are you comfortable with this?" I ask.

He keeps his head on my chest, his hands on both of my sides. "I am." He replies.

"Good night."

"Night." He says before letting out a sigh.

•••••••••••

"Are you done now?" I ask Rome who was still looking at the menu. I decided to meet him at a restaurant and for the last fifteen minutes, he's looking at the menu to select what he wants. He asked me not to speak to him as he was focusing.