Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"That's the last one," I said with a sigh as I sat the last box on the kitchen floor.

My Aunt Kathy sat her hands on her hips, looking at the half set up, half box covered kitchen. "Well, I think for only doing this for a few hours, we did pretty well. So, what should we get for dinner tonight?"

Collapsing into one of the chairs, I shrugged, "I'm fine with pizza if you want."

Nodding in agreement, my Aunt agreed, "Alright, I'll look up some pizza places. Have you gotten started on your room yet?"

"I got my bed made up and my clothes hung up. I'm thinking of going for a run. I saw a path in the woods that I can take."

My Aunt starred at me for a moment, "Are you sure?"

I stood and made my way towards the hallway, climbing the two steps that would lead to it. "I'm a werewolf, Aunt Kathy. I'd be more worried about the person who came across me."

Walking into my room, I changed into some workout clothes before throwing my dark brown hair into a high pony-tale. I jogged back down the hallway and out to the kitchen. "Alright, I'm going, I'll be back in a bit," I yelled to my Aunt who was already in her room.

"Okay! Be careful!" She yelled back to me.

I headed out the door and slipped in my earbuds before running across the road to where the woods sat. My eyes saw the path that was already in the woods and started to follow it.

My feet raced through the leafy ground of the woods. A small wind cooled my skin that was already heating up while my music tuned out any sound that was around me.

As I ran, my mind wandered but remained aware of every tree, stomp, or branch I passed in hopes they would tell me how to get back home. Your first day in Beacon Hills and you're already running through their woods?

Smart idea Luna.

Either way, I needed to take a break from unpacking. All I needed to do was decorate and help Aunt Kathy with the library. But I could do that later.

Suddenly, I regretted listening to music and letting my mind wander when another body collided with my side. My body was ready to fall, but I reached out, grabbing onto the person's arms that were already grabbing onto mine.

At the feeling of the person's touch, I felt this electricity run through my body and my eyes immediately turned to a blue color. Quickly I broke my hands away from the person, them doing the same as I blinked in hopes they would clear up.

Finally, I got a good look at my collider, meeting a pair of beautiful chocolate brown eyes. If I would have let my eyes stay, they would have starred into those eyes for hours.

"Sorry, I didn't even see you," The guy's voice said, making me notice his dark brown hair, it spiked up in the front. His dark brown hair had a similar resemblance to mine, yet mine was down to mid-arm with a few curls at the end when down.

"It's okay, I didn't see you either," I said, taking out my earbuds. I sucked in a breath when I realized I hadn't even breathed since I saw this guy. At taking the breath I could smell an all too familiar scent, one that was also on me.

Werewolf.

His smell was strong, telling me he was an alpha. Usually, the Alpha's I come across have a mixture of anger, tension, and wet dog smell. But not this guy, this guy's smell was similar to a lavender smell, calming every nerve and releasing any tense bones that may have spiked up from moving.

"I've never seen you around before," The guy said, pulling me back into reality.

"I just moved here today, my name's Luna, Luna Haralson," I said.

The guy seemed to smile at my words, "My name's Scott McCall. I'd shake your hand but I'm pretty sweaty," He said, referring to the sweat that also fell on his neck and forehead.

How could this guy be so hot even covered in sweat?

"No worries, same here," I said, putting my hands up, still watching his eyes. My mind wanted this conversation to keep going, trying to find something to say or ask, yet every time my eyes met his or his lips, my mind would go blank.

Luckily, Scott asked, "So, if you moved here today, why are you out for a run, in the woods?"

Not the question I was wanting but happy with the conversation still going, I said, "Got tired of unpacking. Running usually calms me down, besides the boxes will be there tomorrow."

Scott let out a small chuckle, making my heart melt and my legs shake. "Very true, but either way next time you should run with a friend or something. It can get dangerous out in these woods," Scott said, ripping his eyes from mine as he looked around at the beautiful woods while his hands sat on his hips.

"I don't know, I'm pretty fast, I'm sure I could outrun any creature out here," I said, figuring this guy could probably sense my werewolf side.

Scott met my eyes, a smile on his face, "You sure about that?"

I smirked, crossing my arms, "Want to race to prove it?"

Scott smirked at the offer, lowering his hands, "Sure, half a mile work for you?"

My feet and body immediately got into its running stance, "Sure, if you can keep up that is." Scott joined the spot next to me, also getting in a running stance as he smirked and nodded before pausing.

"Go," Scott said, pushing his feet to take off into a nice steady run. I joined next to him, running a bit faster in hopes that if he didn't know I was a werewolf he would guess it soon enough.

Scott must have noticed because his wolf side started to kick in, pushing his feet to run at an inhuman speed past me. I couldn't help but smile, pushing my feet to join his, almost meeting his as we ducked and turned past branches and trees.

Finally, the tree that seemed to be the half-a-mile mark came into view, only causing my feet to be pushed even more.

Sadly, Scott passed me the last second, putting out his hands to stop himself at the tree. My feet slowed down, stopping right next to him as my hand leaned on the tree. Scott's hand leaned on the spot right by mine, not yet touching it.

"Damn, your fast," I breathed out, causing Scott to nod, trying to catch his breath as well. "You too, I've never seen someone keep up with my speed."

"Well, I guess I'll be remembered as the first," I said, moving my hand slightly on the tree while my eyes stayed on Scott's. He was silent, his hand moving so it was just brushing mine. At his touch again, my eyes turned to a yellow, catching Scott's turned to a blood red.

Quickly I pulled my hand away, turning so my back was to Scott while he did the same. "Sorry, I, I have to go," Scott said, keeping his back to me as he started to fast walk away, soon turning into a run.

My head turned, watching Scott over my shoulder with a smile. As I watched him run off, a set of confusion ran through me as I realized what just happened. I was never one just to trust someone with my secret, yet with Scott, I was doing it without even realizing it.

My Aunt's going to kill me.