Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The next morning, when Scott and I got up, Melissa was already awake and fixing breakfast.

"Thanks again for letting me stay here last night," I said to Melissa as I put a fork full of pancake in my mouth.

"Of course. Your Aunt did want me to tell you that she should be home in a couple of hours. Your more than welcome to stay here until she's home. Scott has to go to work and I'm going to bed so the house is yours."

"Thank you," I said as Melissa nodded before kissing the top of Scott's head and heading upstairs to her room.

Scott picked up his empty plate, putting it in the sink before putting on his shoes. I didn't realize how distant I was until Scott said my names a few times.

"Luna."

"Huh?" I said, meeting Scott's eyes.

He sighed before smiling slightly, "Want to come to work with me? I work at an Animal Clinic. Deaton, my boss, knows all about supernatural creatures, you two would get along."

Honestly, I was relieved that he offered. I felt safe with Scott, and though his home was probable one of the safest places I could be in, I didn't want to be alone.

"I'd like that, if that's okay," I said, holding back my excitement. Scott didn't though as he smiled wide and nodded, "Great. I'll be leaving here in about fifteen minutes."

I nodded, shoving the last bit of food in my mouth before heading to the bathroom. Melissa had sat out some extra bathroom supplies for me which I was grateful for. Ounce I was back into my clothes and ready for the day, I followed Scott outside and to his bike.

As my arms wrapped around his body, holding onto him as we drove, I couldn't help but feel all my stress, tension, and fear leave me. It was as if he was taking it all from me, making me feel safer than I ever had before.

After last night's kiss, I couldn't stop from feeling a pull to Scott, even stronger than before. It confused me yet intrigued me just as much.

When we pulled up to the animal clinic, Scott and I climbed off the bike and headed inside. A bald headed, black man with a small mustache and short scruff of a beard stood in the waiting room, looking over at some papers.

"Hey, Deaton, I want you to meet Luna," Scott said, causing the man to look up at me and smile.

"Luna, it's nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you. All good things," He said, making me smile.

"It's nice to meet you too. I hope Scott doesn't give you too much trouble?"

Deaton chuckle, glancing at Scott, "No, just the right amount. Though he does make my life interesting to say the least."

Scott rubbed the back of his neck nervously, "Uh, yeah. So is it okay if Luna hangs out here with us for a bit? There's some other werewolves causing trouble and..." He didn't know what to say, looking at me as if he wanted confirmation.

Nodding his head, Deaton didn't need to hear anymore, "That's alright. Luna, you are more than welcome to stay here. Actually, if you want to help me with a few things, I'd appreciate it. I'd pay you of course."

"Sure. I don't know how much help I'd be, but I'm up for learning anything," I shrugged. I'd never been at an animal clinic before let alone help work in one. I didn't even know where to begin with looking at an animal.

"I'm sure you'll be fine. Scott if you want to get everything out and ready, our first patient will arrive soon."

Scott nodded, heading into the clinical room. Deaton looked at me, "Luna, could you help me put some extra supplies away?"