Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Scott POV

Derek, Chris, and I stood in front of the Beacon Hill's high school. My eyes continuously checked my phone, my foot tapping in wait.

"Stop it, I can smell your nervousness from here," Derek said, sitting on the steps of the school.

"Stiles said he'd text me when he got to my place. Malia and him should be there by now," I said, opening my texts again in case I somehow missed it the five other times I've checked.

Chris spoke up, "Stiles and Luna are fine. Stiles probable dragged Luna into a movie marathon to distract her." Chris put a hand on my shoulder in hopes of reassuring me. It only worked on the outside, but inside I was still nervous and worried.

A sound brought my attention away from Chris, causing him to drop his hand. When we turned, we saw two men standing behind Lucas, approaching us from who knows where.

Lucas smirked, "So, you're the great Scott McCall. The true alpha." He scuffed, his eyes looking me over, "You don't look like much."

"I called you here for a meeting," I said, standing my ground.

"You mean to threaten me that if I come anywhere near Luna you'll, what? Break my neck?" He chuckled, causing the guys behind him to smile, "I don't think you're even capable of something like that. Now, Luna? Boy, she could break your neck in seconds. She was feisty like that, in many ways."

A growl left my lips and I felt my claws extend in anger. I felt a hand on my shoulder, Derek, stopping me from making a move and trying to calm me down.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot about this whole "mate" thing. You're pretty protective of her, aren't you?"

"I want to know why you want her so bad," I said, trying to hold back my anger.

Lucas shrugged, "I guess you could say, history trumps all. I've seen her at her best, and her worst. What you've seen? That's only half of her. She's a killer, Scott. The worst kind because she enjoyed it just as much as I did."

Derek took a step forward, "That's not a good enough reason. What, you don't have anyone else to waste your time on? Or is Deucalion that invested in her?"

"Deucalion doesn't even know I'm here. I mean, he probable does by now. But wouldn't that be a great look on me when I bring his best female fighter back?"

I took a step towards him, this time, showing my red eyes, "I don't care what Deucalion knows or doesn't know. Stay away from Luna and get out of Beacon Hills before you start something you can't finish."

Lucas chuckled, "See, I'd say the same thing. But I'm not going to waste my time on dry threats like you. I'll be leaving town very soon, don't you worry about that, but I won't be leaving alone. I hear you and Luna have this "special connection". So tell me, Scott McCall, can you feel her fear? Can you feel her fight? If so you should be feeling something right now."

"What did you do?" Chris said, taking a step towards them.

"Came for what was rightfully mine," Lucas said, looking at Chris before looking at me. "Count your memories with her, Scott. Because that's all you'll have left of her."

That was enough for me to charge, extending my claws and revealing my fanged teeth. I charged for him, but the two guys intervened, blocking Lucas off from me. I scratched and fought the two guys until the one was dead and the second was injured, rushing off.

My eyes looked around, Lucas long gone by now.

Turning back to normal, I pulled out my phone, dialing Luna's number. It didn't even ring, it just went straight to voicemail. I tried Stiles, his ringing only to end in a voicemail. My last try was Malia, praying to whoever would listen, that she would answer.

Thankfully, after a few rings, she answered.

"Scott?"

"Malia! Lucas's men are coming."

"They already did. His guys came, knocked me out and took Stiles and Luna. I'm sorry, Scott."

My heart sank at her words, but my hands gripped the phone so hard I thought I'd break it. "Call everyone and meet at Derek's," I said before hanging up and turning to Derek and Chris. "They took Luna and Stiles. We have to find them. We have to get them back before they leave town."

Derek approached me, "What you need to do is calm down. We'll get them back, both of them, and end this."

He was right, I needed to calm down and focus. We need to regroup and figure out a plan to get Luna and Stiles back. But even knowing that, I still couldn't shake my nerves and thoughts away from them.

Luna's POV

I tugged at my chain that sat around my ankles, chaining me to a cement pillar. It was no use, the chain was soaked in wolf's bane, keeping my strength low. A sigh of frustration left me, causing me to stop and lay my arms on my knees.

Chains rattling was still heard, my head turning to Stiles who sat across from me in the same position.

"If I can't get it, no offense Stiles, but I don't think you can either."

"Great positivity," Stiles said, gesturing to me before sighing and releasing the chain. "Why'd they take me? All they wanted was you, right?"

A sigh left my lips, "Lucas needs a clean way out. I guess you're his way of doing that. We get into a car accident or something I can heal, you can't."

"Where would they be taking us?" Stiles asked?

I leaned my back against the pillar, "Back to Deucalion I assume." My eyes looked down at my slightly burnt hands, "I'm sorry I dragged you into this, Stiles. Dragged everyone in."

Stiles shrugged, "Truthfully, I'm kind of used to it by now." That still didn't make me feel better and he must have saw that because he continued. "You know, I've seen Scott love before. It was actually kind of annoying, truthfully. But even with all of that, he would fight for her in a heartbeat. You? Man, I've never seen him like he is with you."

"What are you getting at, Stiles?" I sighed.

"I'm saying, he'd fight for Allison to save her. But you? He'd die to save you. To save us both."

My head turned away, looking off, "That's what I'm afraid of."

A door opening is heard and I look over, seeing Lucas walk in with another guy. "Luna! Long time no see! Boy have I missed you."

"You wanted me, here I am, now let Stiles go," I said through clenched teeth.

Lucas shrugged, "Can't do that. See I need a way out and he's that. But don't worry, we'll drop him off before we reach home. Can't have him knowing where we are and relaying that message to Scott. Speaking of which, you should know your new boyfriend killed one of my guys. Guess he'd more of a fighter then I thought."

I smiled, proud of Scott. "Well he is my mate. Unlike you, you're just a small piece of nothing in my life. Not even worth a memory, truly."

Lucas' smile faded and he nodded towards Stiles. The other guy walked over, unchaining him from the pillar. He slowly walked over to me, kneeling down in front of me. He reached over, unhooking my chains before looking at me again.

"You know, you're no different than me. We're both monsters. The difference is, I don't try to hide it."

"Your right, we're not so different. And that's what I'm hoping on."

Even with my weakness from the wolf's bane, I managed to extend my claws and scratch Luca's face. He yelled and stumbled backwards, causing me to run and jump on the guy's back that held Stiles. Stiles was released while I held tightly onto the man's head, squeezing it.

"Stiles, run!" I yelled.

Stiles ran out of the room, seeming to be able to leave before I'm tossed from the man's back. I land hard on my back, a hiss of pain leaving my lips as my eyes close for a second. They open in time to see Lucas looking over me, "Nighty, night, Luna. Don't let the bed bugs bite."

Then, everything goes black.

One more chapter to go till the end! Hope you're enjoying the book!