Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The lock on the door knob was broken and the door was pushed open.

A sigh of relief left both Scott and I when Malia walked in.

"Malia, what are you doing here?" Scott asked, confused.

"Stiles called me. He wanted me to check on you guys."

Scott gestured towards the door, "But why'd you break the lock?"

"Because you guys could have been in trouble."

"But the door was locked," I said.

"Yeah, the bad guy could have locked it behind him."

I couldn't help but smile slightly at her words, only to have it fall. "We're fine, you should check on Stiles. If Lucas followed him, he'll be in danger."

Scott spoke up, trying to calm my nerves, "Stiles will be okay. Once he got to the Animal Clinic, Deaton and he would have put the Mountain Ash down."

Nodding, I hoped he was right. Then another person came to mind, making me look at Scott, "My Aunt."

Malia spoke up, "I can check on her, tell her what's going on."

"Thanks, I'd appreciate it."

"Thanks, Malia," Scott said with a nod before she nodded back and left.

Another sigh of relief left us as Scott looked at me, seeing my eyes look at the ground. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just... I'm not sure I'm worth all this help."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because you don't know me Scott. I've done things, things that would make you look at me differently."

Scott, still holding my hand, gave it a squeeze and turned fully to me. "Hey, nothing you do could ever make me look at you differently. I don't know you fully, but I know whatever you did, you didn't do out of hate. You did it to survive."

Part of me hoped he was right, while the other part was worried he wasn't. He didn't know what I've done nor what I still could do.

"I'm going to use the bathroom real quick," I said, pointing upstairs. Scott nodded, watching me walk up the stairs.

I went to the bathroom, throwing some water on my face to calm me down some. Ounce I had put myself back together, I exited Scott's bathroom and sat on his bed with a sigh. My legs crossed underneath me and I found myself running my hand across the sheets, stirring up Scott's smell.

Distantly, I heard noises of Melissa's voice, but didn't bother listening in.

After a few minutes, Scott walked up the stairs, down the hallway, and into his room.

"My mom had to go back to work but she sat up the Mountain Ash before she left. Stiles texted me and he and Lydia are headed back to the police station to see if they can locate Lucas again."

"How did Stiles know where we were?" I asked?

Scott rubbed the back of his neck, "I may have told him to sneak into his dad's computer and trace Lucas' number. He must have located it and found him by us."

I smiled, nodding, "Thank you. My Aunt texted me, she's safe."

"Good," Scott nodded, before sitting on the bed next to me. He looked down at my hand before looking at me. "Downstairs, you said you did things that would make me look at you differently. What where some of those things?"