Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Hurrying into the kitchen, my hand swiped up my loaded book bag. "Alright, I'm off," I said to my Aunt Kathy who was sitting in the living room.

Standing up, my Aunt walked into the kitchen, offering, "Do you want me to take you?"

I smiled at her words and shook my head, "It's not that far, I'll enjoy the walk."

If it was anyone else, my Aunt would have thought they were crazy, but it being me, she knew that it was a moment of peace and freedom.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, besides, aren't you heading off to work?" I asked, hinting at the fact that she should be finding a job. It was a hesitation at first for my Aunt to find a job, but our money wouldn't last forever.

Aunt Kathy walked over to me, giving me a hug, "Okay, good luck. Text me."

"I will love you."

"Love you too," My Aunt responded before watching me walk out the door.

The walk to the school was about fifteen to twenty minutes, but it was nice. I will probably look into getting a car or a bike or something to get me to school a lot faster because I knew I wouldn't be walking every day.

Walking into school, I found myself being crowded by kids who had just arrived, were at their lockers, or heading to class to wait. The atmosphere was new to me, feeling light and happy. So many friends were meeting up in small groups, talking and gossiping about something that had happened over the weekend. My ears picked up on little snip-bits of it but soon tuned everyone out as I headed to the office.

"Hi, I'm here to pick up my classes, Luna Haralson."

The office lady looked through her many papers on her desk before pulling out the small paper in success. "Here we are!" She handed me the paper, "Would you like someone to show you to your locker and classrooms?"

"No, I think I'll be okay, thanks though," I said, smiling at the women before exiting the office. I began my search for my locker, finding it on the first floor rather quickly. I piled in the books I didn't need right now before checking my schedule.

1 Physics- Mr. Harris (w/ Lydia)

2 History- Mr. Yukimura (w/ Scott and Stiles)

3 Lunch

4 Business Class (w/ Lydia and Malia)

5 English (W/Scott, Lydia, and Stiles)

Start on a low and end on a high I guess. I always hated science. History and English were my two strengths, Math was usually next and Science was dead last.

I headed off to my first class which wasn't as bad as I thought, but the teacher was defiantly strict. Thankfully though, Mr. Harris didn't make me stand in front of the whole class and introduce myself, but instead, he just pointed at me and said my name.

The next class was History, which I was excited about. I found myself grabbing my books rather quickly before heading into class. Immediately, my eyes glanced around the classroom in hopes of finding an empty seat. Before I could find a seat though, my eyes settled on a familiar-looking boy.

Scott McCall.

Scott was talking to another kid whose back was to me. They seemed deep in conversation before Scott moved his eyes away from his friend. His eyes landed on me like he knew I was there even when I walked in.

I watched his mouth part in shock, surprised to see me standing there in his History class.

Pulling my eyes away, I walked down one of the other isles and took a seat in the middle row. I could feel Scott's eyes on me and my ears picked up on him and the other guy's conversation.