Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The front door of the house opened up, making me look up from my quick-made dinner. My Aunt Kathy walked in wearing scrubs, looking a little tired.

"Someone got the job," I said with a smile.

"Yeah, starting on bedpan duty, but at least it's something. How was school?"

My head looked down, finishing up my dinner, "It was okay... I met someone."

Quickly my Aunt looked over at me, halting any movements and looking excited. I caught her look and quickly shook her head, "Not what you think. I want to stay as far away from him and his friends as possible."

Confusion filled my Aunt, "Why?"

I sighed, knowing sooner or later I'd have to tell her. Maybe she knew what was happening to me?

"I met the guy yesterday in the woods when I went for my run. We ran into each other. He's a werewolf, I could smell it. And he's an Alpha."

"How do you know?"

Standing up, I went to put my dish in the sink with a heavy sigh, "Because of what happened. He knew what I was too, and we found ourselves racing. In the end, his hand grazed mine and I lost control. My eyes changed and I felt... strange. And then today in the hallway at school it happened twice. No one saw me, but... What happening?"

My Aunt looked at me with sympathy. "What do you feel when you're with him?"

I thought back to being with him in the woods and hallway. "Drawn to him. He's nice and a little shy but in a sweet way. I find myself wanting to stay and talk with him, and wanting to go to the game tonight."

"You were invited to a game tonight?" My Aunt asked with excitement.

"Yeah, by both Scott and his friend Lydia. I wasn't planning on going though."

Watching my Aunt, I could tell her mind was racing with thoughts. She caught me watching her and resumed her smile as she stood up and walked over to me. She took my hands on hers, "You said we should try and make a life here. What your feeling... You should explore it. Don't push people away that could be your friends or more."

"But what if we have to leave again? I don't want to put others through that again, or myself."

"You survived it once, you can survive it again. And something tells me, this time it's different. So, go to the game, have fun, and enjoy life. That's what I want for you, and that's what your parents wanted for you too."

I looked down at my Aunt's hands before groaning and looking up at the ceiling. "I guess I better get going."

My Aunt smiled in triumph before hugging me. When she pulled away, she asked, "Do you want to use the car?"

"No, I need the fresh air," I grumbled as I walked to my room and threw a sweatshirt on. I threw my hair into a high pony-tale before heading out with my phone and some money.

"Alright, I'm going, I'll text you when I'm coming home."

"Okay, be safe, love you."

"Love you too," I smiled before walking out the door.

Unlike this morning, my feet seemed to pick up speed the closer I got to the school, feeling excited. I could see a few cars parked around along with a man yelling and a whistleblowing every five minutes.

As I got closer, I saw the stands held about ten people in them. In front of the stands was a long bench, holding the team. Half of them were playing out in the field while the other half was wandering around or talking to friends. There were even a few that was racing to do their homework.