XIX - Together

بسم الله
In the name of God
October 3rd, 2004 11:48am
Seol, South Korea, Hotel

◍◍◍

"You're so good to me" is the last thing I heard before Ollie fell asleep against my chest. He slowly shifted every few minutes until Oliver's body is curled against mine, and his face is buried in the crook of my neck, so close that I can feel each exhale of his mouth. Goosebumps trickle up my arms with each breath of his, and it makes me smile into his black hair.

He's asleep.

Finally.

He fell asleep after we prayed Fajr and has continued to sleep for over five hours now, more than he's had in years. His leg is over mine, and he almost feels like a cuddly koala. His thin arm is under my head and bent at the elbow so his thin fingers are brushing against my neck, and his other hand is gripping my hip, his middle and ring finger under my waistband.

His fingers are thin, so thin that I can feel his knuckles and the creak of his contracted joints whenever he relaxes or tenses his hand. Others may have found this unsettling, but I feel honoured that he chose to be this vulnerable with me even after earlier.

He sighs lightly in his sleep before adjusting his body and holding me tighter, burying his face into my neck. I turn on my side, face him, and put my arm around him so I can run my hands on his back. Like the rest of him, there is little muscle and even less fat, so I can easily feel the ridges of his spine. This man is lovely, and perfect, and unhealthy, nearly flawless yet deteriorated.

Oliver stirs, a sigh flowing over my skin.

A kiss presses against my jaw lightly, and I sharply inhale. He softly exhales into my skin before saying, "I'm awake, now. You're very comfortable, Genesis."

Without realizing it, my breathing picked up, so I try to slow it back down, "Yes, I know you're awake, I felt your mouth on me."

"Hm. How long have I slept?"

"Almost six hours."

I assumed after he woke up, he'd move away from me, but he instead stays with his arms around me. Although, his head that was in my neck has moved to a position with his lips brushing my jawline.

"Really? What time is it?"

I turn my head to the analogue clock on our bedside before turning back to him, "It's a little before noon."

"So we have time then, Genesis."

"Mhm." I pause for a second, "Wait, time for what?"

"Anything," he murmurs, gently brushing his soft lips and smooth nose directly under my ear.

"You're... You're awfully touchy today, Oliver."

"Am I? I hadn't noticed."

His words are felt on my neck; I try to stay still, though, it would be embarrassing if he would feel me shaking. Uncomfortable, but in a nice way. He then shifts to move his chin onto the top of my hair, allowing me to nuzzle his neck instead.

"Oliver?"

He tightens his arm around me and mumbles out, "Yes, darling?"

"What did you inject into yourself last night?"

A sigh is heard somewhere above my head.

"A mixed microdose of heroin, caffeine, a derivative of black seed, and cyanide. It is formula-wise much more complicated, but that's the gist of it."

Confusion scatters my thoughts but they are quickly gathered,

"Won't that kill you?"

"Normally, but I'm built different," he says, a grin in his voice, "It's more of a medication for me. Without it, my heart would slow to a stop."