Chapter 2: Make A Wish

AN: enjoy :)

Dream wakes up in cold sweat. He looks around, scared. This wasn't like other dreams and he knew.

He stood up and went to shower, to calm down. He opened hot water and carefully poured it all over his body and head. He couldn't stop thinking about that guy from his dream.

George.

Why did he dream about him? Who even was George? Why was George so pretty? Why did he feel like he would want to kiss George?

His shampoo slipped from his hands when he thought about that. He quickly picked it up and stopped his train of thought. He had more important things to do.

He quickly got into his comfortable clothes, after he showered and hopped onto his computer. He tried to forget about the dream, so he could talk to Sapnap.

The Discord window opened by itself and he saw that Sapnap was offline, so he went to the kitchen to make himself some breakfast. He started frying some eggs and bacon and ate that for breakfast. He also didn't forget to feed Patches her cat food.

He rushed to his room, just to see that Sap was still offline. He fell back onto his bed and started staring at the ceiling. It was so empty.

His mind turned itself into a field of dandelions. He could see George in the distance, yet again. George was running around happily and Dream loved watching him.

But it wasn't real.

He tried to approach George but it was no use. His legs didn't listen to him. He stood there, helplessly watching his dream guy (as a guy from his dream) playing in the field.

When he heard a ping from Discord, he woke up from his daydream. George and the dandelions were gone.

He stood up from his bed and walked towards his computer. He clicked on his keyboard and his screen loaded up. He saw that he received a text from Sapnap. Which also meant that he was online.

He quickly opened the text. Sapnap was asking if they would join the VC together. Dream clicked on the VC icon since he saw that Sap was already there.

"Hey, Nick! How are you?" Dream asked, forgetting about his dream crisis.

"I'm good. How are you today?" Sapnap asked.

"I'm okay. Just didn't sleep that well. But I'm good." That wasn't the entire truth but it wasn't lying either.

"Well, I hope you aren't that tired. You're joining my stream today."

"Don't worry. I will join."

"So, you know that time we said that I could come and visit you?"

"Yeah? Isn't the date next month?"

"Yeah. I just wanted to remind you. Don't forget about me!"

"How would I forget, Nick? I've been so excited ever since you said yes... don't worry. I would never forget about you." And he meant that.

"Thanks, dude. Now, should we go on Bad's stream?" Sapnap recommended.

"Sure." They both disconnected that VC and joined the one in which Bad was streaming.

--------------------------------------

Dream finished his stream very tired. He logged off his computer and went to the kitchen to prepare himself something to eat.

He opened the fridge and took out some peanut butter and spread it on a piece of bread he found in one of the cupboards. He started munching on it, carefully and went back upstairs to his room.

He saw his cat laying on his bed and decided to sit next to her. He carefully laid next to the cat, putting the last bite in his mouth and gently stroked the cat, waking her up.

He stood up from his bed, his cat looking at him and went to change into his PJs. When he returned, he saw Patches still sleeping in the middle of his bed and decided to push her a little, causing her to wake up and run out of his room.

He chuckled and laid into his bed. He checked his phone again and slowly fell asleep after.

------------------------------

He woke up on the field of dandelions again, right next to George blowing out one of them.

"Welcome back, Dream!" George happily greeted him.

"Hi, George." Dream greeted. He didn't know why he was dreaming the same thing again because that never happened to him.

But he liked this dream. It was calm.

"Where did you disappear off to? I was looking for you everywhere." George sounded concerned. Dream had no idea how to answer that. His mine dozed off into a million things he could use as an excuse.

"Dream?" George waved in front of him.

Say something, you idiot.

"Uhm, I was just exploring. You didn't have to worry about me." Dream smiled.

"Oh, okay. Well, now that you're back, what do you want to do? I'm kind of bored." Dream chuckled.

"How can you be bored? You can make a million wishes here."

"Yeah but not all of them come true. I still haven't found my way out of here." George looked at him. This was the first time Dream saw sad feelings overtake George's pretty face.

"We can find it together. If you want." Dream had no idea why he recommended that but it's not like he had anything better to do.

As soon as he said that, he could see George's face light up again. They both stood up and started walking.

George picked up one of the flowers and blew it out. Dream wanted to ask what he wished for but he knew George wouldn't tell him, so he kept quiet.

"Why do you call yourself Dream?" He heard George ask after a couple of minutes.

"Uhm, I don't know. I just like it." Dream couldn't really answer that question.

"Maybe it's because you're everyone's 'dream' man." George giggled. Dream was confused. He didn't know your dream characters could flirt with you.

"Yeah, maybe. I am pretty handsome." He played along by pushing his non-existent hair backwards. It seemed funny.

"Can't deny it. All the girls must be jumping around you." George smiled.

"Nah, some of them are lesbian. But at least the gay men like me." Dream laughed and George joined him. "But I'm sure a lot of people like you too, George."

Why are you saying that? This is your dream! This isn't real!

"I mean, there's no one here, so I wouldn't know. Unless, you like me." George winked at Dream who started wheezing. His dreams really liked flirting with him.

"Maybe, I do..." Dream laughed. George picked up another dandelion from the field and handed it to Dream.

"Here, make another wish." George was looking at him with his pretty eyes and Dream was getting lost in them. George had to push the flower into Dream's hand for him to register it. He took a deep breath and blew it. He didn't make a wish since he knew it wouldn't come true.

This was a dream, after all. None of this is real. Except...?

"Did you wish for something?" George eagerly asked.

"Yep but it's still a secret." Dream laughed when George pouted. "You always forget that, don't you?"

"Maybe I do." George giggled, cutely. 

AN: 1165 words