Chapter 3: Mark My Words

AN: I may or may not have forgotten to post yesterday so, you're getting 2 chapters today. IDC.

Dream wakes up in cold sweat again. These dreams are really draining him. He didn't feel like standing up. He wanted to go back. Into his dreams.

And see George.

He had no idea why he liked George so much but something about him made him feel special.

But George wasn't real.

So, why did it feel like he was? Why did he feel like his and George's bond was real? And why did he want him to be more than his friend?

Get yourself together, Clay. This isn't real. George isn't real. This is all in your head.

He stood up from his bed and saw that Patches was sleeping on his keyboard. He chuckled and went towards the kitchen.

He prepared his and Patches' breakfast. He put the cat food into the bowl and sat down behind his dining table, starting to chew on his sandwich.

He saw Patches come and eat her food. When she finished, she started purring near his legs. He chuckled and scratched her behind her ear.

He couldn't stop thinking about the british man from his dreams and he didn't like that at all.

------------------------------

"Clay? You okay, bud?" Sapnap asked his best friend.

"Mmm? Oh, yeah. Don't worry about me."

"If you say so. Now, will you help me with this?"

"Yeah. What do you need?"

-------------------------------

Dream was staring at the ceiling, lost in his thoughts. He had no idea what was happening to him and no one could help him.

He did make Sapnap a little concerned but Sapnap never knew how to make him feel better when it came to stuff like that. At least not through the screen.

The only one who would know what to do, was BadBoyHalo but he was on vacation and Dream didn't want to bother him.

He knew he was gonna break himself like that eventually but he didn't really have a choice.

So he kept looking at the ceiling until he fell asleep.

---------------------------

"Why do you always disappear?" He heard George ask.

He was back on the field. And George was still there.

"I don't really have a choice, Georgie." Dream said. He used that nickname mostly to distract him but he liked how good it sounded for George.

"What do you mean? And Georgie, seriously?" Dream laughed. He missed George very much.

"I... I can't really explain where I go, you know? And yeah. Georgie." George giggled a little when he heard Georgie and Dream could swear he saw a little blush.

"You can tell me everything, Dream. I'll listen. We have all the time in the world." George picked up a dandelion and put it in Dream's hair.

Dream carefully touched it and smiled. He couldn't see it but his blush became pretty evident.

"I wish I could tell you but... you wouldn't understand." He explained and looked at George who was sitting next to him, looking at him cheerfully.

"You can't know if you don't try and tell me." George picked up another dandelion and blew it up.

"Why are you always wishing on these flowers?" Dream changed the topic.