Chapter 5: Those 8 Letters

AN: This chapter's title is inspired by the song 8 Letters by Why Don't We because I like that song :v. Anyway, enjoy!

Dream visited the therapist a couple of times but he never got the answers to his questions. He decided it was better for his finances to stop because he was spending too much of his money on empty promises.

He got used to the routine of dreaming about George, talking to Sapnap about it who still recommended that George was a ghost and doing everything else he had to, like streaming.

Every day, he was falling deeper and deeper in love with George and he had no idea how to stop it.

A part of him didn't want it to stop.

And the other part was rational. There is no way they could ever be together but Dream couldn't help but fantasize.

How would it be, waking up next to George who would make him breakfast. Or maybe Dream would make breakfast.

How would it be if George was streaming with them? How great their relationship would be?

If only George was real.

But there was another problem.

Dream had no idea if George actually liked him back and he had no way of knowing unless he asked... which he isn't planning on doing.

He did see George blushing sometimes and he could swear he heard him say "I love you" before he woke up.

But maybe he's just lying to himself to make him feel better. George never said anything about being gay, so he had no idea if George could actually like him.

These thoughts flooded Dream's mind everyday and he couldn't stop them. They just kept on coming. And sometimes, it was better to let the thoughts in.

--------------------------------

"Have you ever fallen in love with someone, Dream?" Dream started coughing as soon as George asked him that.

What kind of question is that? Is it because George fell in love with me? Shut it! Listen to him!

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" George was concerned.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine and can you repeat the question, please?" He saw George blush a little and get a little shy.

"I was asking..." George looked at Dream, dead in the eye with a smile on his face. "If you have ever fallen in love with someone." Dream couldn't focus on anything but George's eyes. He carefully nodded, a shocked look on his face.

"Yeah... yes, I-I have." George looked away and picked up one of the dandelions. He whispered something which Dream barely heard and blew the flower's seeds out.

"I wish I was the one you'd fallen for." Was the thing George whispered. Dream's mouth fell open.

"Wha-What did you say?" Dream couldn't believe it.

George looked him dead in the eye, put on a serious face. Dream could see the tears collecting in George's beautiful eyes.

"I wish I was the one you'd fallen for." He said louder this time. Dream's brain shut down. There was no way...right? But he heard it, loud and clear.

"Wh-why?" He had to make sure that what George said, meant what he thought it meant.

"Because you're the one I had fallen for." He almost whispered. George turned around and started going farther from Dream's reach. Dream swore he could hear sobbing coming from the smaller figure, so he did what anyone normal would do.

He rushed to hug him and soothe him. What was he supposed to say? Okay, he knew what but how was he supposed to say it? Should he just go for it? Should he use a metaphor?

"Wh-why are you crying, George?" Maybe this was the best way to start this conversation.

"I-I..." George couldn't speak. Dream couldn't see it but George's face was full of tears at this point. George couldn't stop them however much he wanted to.

cause I'm in a field of dandelions

wishing on everyone that you'd be mine

mine

Dream started singing.

"Why are you singing that?" George looked up at Dream, sniffing while brushing his nose with his sleeve a bit.

"Because I do that every time."

"Every time what?"

"Everytime I'm here."

"We don't sing everytime."

"No, not sing George..." Dream decided to keep quiet to let George figure out what he meant. George looked at the ground, processing what he had just been told.

After a few seconds George looked at him.

"You wish?"

"Mhm."

"F-For me?" George was afraid of rejection and Dream knew it. He started wiping George's tears with his thumb.

"For you. To love me just like I love you." He wiped all of George's tears off his face.

"How much do you love me?" George asked, a little less scared.

"So much that it's driving me crazy. You're making me go crazy, George." Dream laughed and George joined.

"You know what would be very crazy?" George asked.

"What?" Dream asked. He had no idea where George was going with it.

"This." He pulled Dream closer and crashed their lips together.

George was right. This was very crazy.

----------------------------------------

Dream woke up blushing and excited. There's no way that just happened, right?

No, it didn't. George isn't real, remember?

These thoughts do have to ruin every single beautiful thing he had with George. But, sadly it did hit him. He didn't actually kiss George, did he? Do kisses in dreams count as real kisses? He had no idea. But he was gonna tell Sapnap about it.

He got up from his bed and prepared himself breakfast. In about a week, he would also be visited by Sapnap and he couldn't wait for that either. They had been planning their meetup for ages and it was finally happening.

The fans already knew about the meetup and everyone was waiting for the vlog and the official Dream face reveal.

Dream was kinda nervous about the face reveal part, especially because he planned to do it at an event but Sapnap said it would be better that way.

The only reason why Dream was nervous about it being a video reveal is because his tired face would be captured on video forever. But again, dreaming about George was one of the best things that had ever happened.

And the kiss... George was good at kissing. But he would never admit that. Did George think he was good at kissing too? What if he didn't like his kissing?

He should stop thinking about George for a little. Even if he knew he physically couldn't stop thinking about that boy.

He decided to put on his playlist (which he called Georgie because the songs reminded him of George) and started working.

AN: 1045 words. Chapters are gonna be shorter now :/