Chapter 4: What Are These Feelings?

AN: 2 chapters today. 

Dream stayed in bed for quite a long time. He couldn't get up. He was looking at the ceiling. He missed him.

George.

Why couldn't he be real? What would Dream give to be with George?

He sighed. Looking at his ceiling was 'fun' but he had work to do.

He got up, brushed his teeth, ate his breakfast and booted up his computer.

He saw the clock which read 4AM. He didn't sleep very well. He wished he could have slept more.

Discord opened itself and he saw most everyone still offline. He closed it and decided to look for the song George sang to him in his dream. If that song even existed.

He googled up the lyrics he remembered and it turns out the song actually exists. He clicked the first link and decided to give it a listen.

It was a love song.

He really liked it. It wasn't really his taste but everything coming from George sounded good.

He put it on liked songs in his Spotify and started listening to it, multiple times.

--------------------------

"Dream? You okay, bud?" Sapnap was concerned for his friend.

"Huh? Uh, yeah. I'm good. Why?" Dream said. To be fair. Dream wasn't very good. He was still thinking about George.

Is this love? No, it can't be. I can't fall in love with someone from my dreams, can I?

"The last time I asked, you said the same thing and this time, I do not believe you. Tell me, what's wrong." Sapnap pressured.

Dream didn't know if he should tell him about it. He was scared, what he might think. But Sapnap was his friend. He'll support him, right?

"I-I've had these weird dreams lately." Dream said.

"What kind of dreams?"

"Well, in the dream. I wake up in the middle of a field full of dandelions..." Dream started explaining.

"And?" Sapnap knew there was something more than just flowers.

"There's this boy... called George. He's in my dreams. But I have no idea who he is."

"And?"

"I think I fell in love with him." Dream said. He was scared to admit it even to himself but now that the words were out there, he was sure of it.

He loved George. He loved a man from his dreams. A man who he could never have. Because George wasn't real.

"Are you joking?" Sapnap did not believe a word his best friend told him.

"No, I'm serious. I-I knew I shouldn't have told you." Sapnap cut him off.

"No! That's not what I meant. It's just... you know that's all in your head, right?"

"You think, I'm dumb? Of course I know! That's why I don't understand it at all! How could I have fallen for someone from my own head?" Dream was desperate. He wanted this nightmare to end.

"I have no idea, dude. What are you gonna do?" Sapnap was concerned.

"I don't know. Should I go see a therapist or something? I mean, this isn't normal, right?"

"I don't think it is." Sapnap stopped for a bit. "When did you first start getting these dreams?"

"On the day of the garage sale? Why?"