𝟮𝟭. ➪ 𝗘𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

𝟮 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

"Is everything set?" Ben asks Mason as the two were putting everything in place. Stella would come home later today and seeing the two hadn't celebrated moving in together Ben thought throwing a surprise party was a good way to celebrate the big step. Mason agreed with helping the boy set up everything, other friends as Chris, Jack Michaela and Solana coming over later.

"Everything is set." Mason nods at the same time the doorbell rings, Ben opening the front door after a couple of seconds to reveal the quartet who would show up later standing in front of him.

"Hey Ben!" Michaela greets as the two share a loving hug. Michaela had been supportive of Stella and Ben's relationship way before it even started, so when Stella informed the girl on who she had chosen she immediately wanted to get to know Ben better, which now led to the two of them being best friends. Ben has shared everything to Michaela, from the way he was so insecure about their relationship to when he asked her to live with him together seeing the two of them were going steadily. Besides that Stella was at Ben's place most of the time, so it only made sense for the girl to move in with him.

"Hey Michaela!" He greets back as the two now break apart from the hug, Ben giving both Chris and Jack a bro hug. The two of them were satisfied with her choice being Ben. Chris secretly had hoped for a longer time that Ben would be the guy she would choose, mainly because he knew Ben well enough to know he wouldn't walk out on her, ever. For Jack the choice was a bit controversial. He was close with both boys and got to experience James' pain and Ben's joy. It was hard to see James being sad as Ben was being extremely happy. He, however, was very supportive over the relationship. He knew that Ben could give the girl everything she desired and that made him approve the relationship very quickly.

"Hey Sol." Ben greets as also she receives one of Ben's famous hugs. Even though Solana was more on James' side, the girl learned to love Ben over the last 2 years and to say that she was a fan was an understatement. The girl was still good friends with James however, her being on of the few ones looking out for him after the crazy night he experienced with both Stella and Ben. Her and Stella, who still felt guilty, were around the boy a lot and Ben somehow didn't mind at all, which made Solana like hun even more. Even though James was an 'ex' of hers, Ben allowed his girlfriend to check on him, be with him in times that she was needed and Ben himself even visited James a couple of times, something only real friends do.

"Hey Ben." The girl greets. As the two break apart he lets them all into the mansion he and Stella lived in for approximately a week now. As they entered the house they're met with festive decorations put up by Mason and Ben. The four of them smiled, once again realising how lucky they are with Ben being Stella's boyfriend. The five of them make their way to the kitchen, where Mason, unsurprisingly, was already eating all the appetizers they'd prepared together.

"You fat fuck." Was the first thing Ben said, the whole room bursting out in laughter except for Mason, who stood there with a chocolate bar in his hand feeling embarrassed. They then make their way to the living room, where the magical event was bound to happen. Stella was arriving in 10 minutes according to Ben, so they wanted to sort everything out together properly before Stella would arrive. Unexpectedly the doorbell rang as the six of them were perfecting everything, Chris volunteering to open the door, Ben following closely. After all Stella said that she wasn't going to be here at this point of time so it couldn't have been her who rang the doorbell. He did on the other hand expect someone, but he seemed to be running late, so Ben didn't expect him at all

"James, what are you doing here?" Chris asked in a somewhat surprised tone. He was surprised in a positive way though, the idea of James being here making him smile seeing he still was and is a good friend of Stella.

"I invited him." Ben confesses, a beaming smile on his face as he sees his best friend with an unknown woman besides him. He gives James a bro hug, who by this point also was glowing. The two had recently been catching up with each other's life, even though James never told Ben about the woman next to him, and since 'reviving' their relationship the two have been kicking it off better then ever before.

"By the way, meet Joanna, my girlfriend." James introduces as Joanna makes her way to Ben, who by now had an even bigger smile on his face.

"Hey Joanna, I'm Ben, nice to meet you." He introduces as he sticks out his hand, only to be engulfed in a hug.

"I've heard many positive things about you Ben." She smiles. She also introduces herself to Chris, who was still stood besides Ben, before among her way into the house, where she was greeted by Jack, Mason, Michaela and Solana.

"So, Jack and Solana are a couple?" Joanna asks as Jack holds Solana' she'd with pride. The two started dating after Jack honestly confessed to her how much he liked her, Solana admitting she liked him too. Now, the two were living together and even trying to have kids, even though nobody knew about it yet. Joanna received a nod from the couple as she then moves onto the next couple.

"Chris and Michaela are a couple, right?" She asks Ben, who by now was looking at the two. Even though Michaela found it hard to date Chris, ever since telling Stella about it the two were happier then ever. Seeing Chris was Stella's best friend and Michaela was her childhood friend the both of them didn't know how to confess their feelings for one another to Stella, being afraid of rejection coming from her side. She did, however, approve of the relationship and was in contrary so happy for the two of them.

"And Mason is still alone?" She asks, making the whole room burst out in laughter except for Mason, again. Just as the laughter was dying the doorbell rang, everyone hiding in their spot as Ben makes his way to the door.

"Hey bub." He greets as Stella is stood in the doorway, the girl hugging him tight. She'd missed Ben's hugs all day so coming home it was the first thing the girl needed. It somehow hurt James more then he thought, but he tried to shake it off, knowing his best friends are happy.

"Surprise!" Chris suddenly shouts, it not being on queue. Everyone laughs as Chris awkwardly stands there, the rest also shouting 'surprise' before individually engulfing her in a hug. As everyone greeted her they make their way to the living room, where they sit down, Stella being sat besides James and Ben. As they're seated Ben's arm snakes it's way around Stella's waist, something James was jealous of. He wish he could hold Stella in that way, even though he had a girlfriend now. He still wanted to be in Ben's shoes, more then he thought he wanted to be.

"Do you ever regret your choice?" James whispers as a toast is announced. It sent shivers down Stella's spine, who somehow still felt something for James, more then she wanted to admit. It, in her opinion, was the adventure that came along with him though and if the girl truly wanted that adventure she would've chosen him all those years ago instead of Ben, who she now was building a life with.

"I don't." She whispers back, leaving James a bit hurt. He didn't expect her to be this blunt and straight forward to him, especially not after thinking the girl still had feelings for him too.

"To Stella and Ben, the happy couple of the day." Chris announces, everyone clinging their glasses against one another, Stella and James' glasses making contact as the last ones. The two share a quick moment of eye contact before Stella sat down.

Because she had Ben now, someone she wanted to share her life with.

A/n

Hey everyone!

The end of my first ever football fan fiction nov, it feels weird. I'm glad this book has come to its end though. I've been putting it back for too long, but today finally is the day Stella has made her choice. What do you guys think of it? Let me know :)

Lots of love!

<3