Chapter Eleven

Warning: This book is entirely fictitious. Mentions and actions eating disorders and self harm. Do not romanticize mental health disorders.

Oliver's POV:

I was seated on a stool in-between Nico and Miguel. Looking as everyone picked their breakfast. There was fruit, toast, bagels, butter, jam, bacon, and eggs at the island. Along with many types of juices and some chocolate milk. Just thinking about eating breakfast made me nauseous. All around the table there were noises of light conversation and eating.

"Good morning Oliver." Nico said starting a conversation with me. I turned a little in my seat and greeted Nico.

"Good morning Nico. Did you sleep well?" I asked trying to be polite but also genuinely curious.

"I slept okay. Although Alex kept me up most of the night. So now I'm a little tired." Nico said back to me in his deep, gentle voice. Alex kept him up. Doing what?

"What did Alex have you doing?" I asked. "If you don't mind me asking." Nico slightly blushed while answering. Strange but whatever.

"Alex wanted to do a late night workout, and Miguel prefers us to not enter dangerous rooms at night, like the pool out back or the workout room, without more than three people."

"Oh, I get it." I guess?

"And how come I wasn't invited to this workout session?" Ash interjected with his raspy voice. He had a smirk on. Like there was some joke hidden in his words. kind of infuriating to be honest. I'm nosy and don't like to be left out of things. At least I realize it though. I turned back to Nico and saw him blushing.

"I'll definitely come and get you next time ash. I was just feeling really motivated in the moment to workout." Alex piped in. Before I could think too long on their innuendoes Blake reached behind Jamie and whacked Alex. Acting as if he didn't just whack Alex Blake turned to me.

"Would you like some breakfast Ollie?"

"Uh-uhm. No thanks." I gave him a small smile. "Eating in the morning makes me nauseous."

"Not even some buttered toast?" Blake insisted.

"I'm really fine but thanks." Looking as if he still wanted to argue, but thinking better of it, Blake gives me constipated look and returns to his meal. Like his face tried to smile but it got confused with a frown and was left in a weird in-between state. It made me chuckle a little under my breath. You really shouldn't laugh at peoples faces Oliver.

I sat there in my stool thinking about my morning so far. Not even two hours into the day and I already freaked out on them. Gods I'm so embarrassing. Miguel suddenly spoke beside me, scaring the ever loving cheese whiz out of me. I forgot he was even there!!

"There is nothing important planned for today. So you can use it as you would like. However, do try to be a little productive." Miguel gave Ash and Nico both a look.

"If any of you need anything I'll be up in my office. Please knock before entering. See you guys at dinner." Miguel gave us all a charming smile and waltzed his way out of the room.

"All right then." Ash quietly rasped. "I'm going to my room then." And with that he left.

"Hmm." hummed Alex. "Wanna go swimming Ollie?" Alex all but yelled.

"But it's fall! We'll freeze out there!" Plus I don't know how to swim. And even if I did I'm afraid of water.

"It's okay! The pools heated!" He combated. I panicked a little internally. These guys have already seen me act so pathetic. I don't need to actively add more to that list.

"Sorry Alex but I'm still kind of sleepy so, uhm, maybe some other time? Maybe?" I replied trying to get out of it. He looked sad after I said that. Sad and stubborn. I know he would have tried persuading me more if not for Blake.

"I actually need to do some work in the green house. Why not you swim and Oliver can watch you inside the warm greenhouse?" Blake compromised with his honey like voice. Who can argue with a voice like that? And besides. He said greenhouse! That means plants!! And I love plants!!!

"I'll go!!" I shout out. The boys all startle. None of them have seen me this excited yet. And just think. I can get so much more excited. Blake gives me a warm smile and grabs my hand.

"Let's head outside then. Whoever's swimming can meet us out there. Trunks are a must." Blake then looked sternly at Alex. As I was being guided out of the kitchen and through the back door I glanced over my shoulder to see Alex pouting. I huffed a quiet laugh under my breath.

"What's a matter?" Blake asked me.

"Nothing." He looked a bit sad after I said that. "Truly I was just laughing at Alex. A grown man pouting is a little funny." I smiled brightly and got one in return. Blake continued leading me through the backyard. It was full of plants and flowers. All neat, but not so tidy that it looks planned. Just the way I like it. Soon enough we approached an actual greenhouse. I mean I know Blake said greenhouse but this, this was truly a greenhouse. What did I expect honestly. I've seen the house. Obviously these guys are rich rich. I thought they were rich rich just from having a pothole free un-cracked driveway.

Opening the double doors Blake entered. He held them open for me as I walked in. My face visibly brightened when my eyes laid upon the interior. The clear home was perfect for all of the plants. there were so many too! I counted at least twenty rows of plants. I wonder if each row is its own plant. Wanting to sate my curiosity I started down the first path I came across. First there was peppermint. Then further down I discovered spearmint. There was so much of it. Down the next aisle there was sage, basil, and parsley. As I went down and up each row I found many more plants, herbs, and even flowers. There was even a veggie aisle. With lettuce and carrots and turnips and broccoli and, and, and. Oh my godmother!! I think my minds gonna explode!!

"This place is awesome. There's so much. It's all so amazing!" I let all my excitement out and shouted. My ears were left ringing. I stuffed my nose in some peppermint just sniffing my life away. Suddenly loud laughter broke out startling me from my plant crazed position. I whipped around to find Blake full bully laughing with the brightest smile I've seen from him.

"I'm glad you like it here. Ash will be happy." I tilted my head in response.

"Ashton? Does he like plants too?"

"Mhm. Everything you see here he planted himself." My mouth dropped open.

"You mean everything? All by himself?" I asked in amazement.

"Well I mean we all help. But Ash is the main caretaker of the nursery. He's the one it brings the most joy too. It's sort of his hobby in a way." I couldn't contain myself. I burst out laughing. I don't think I've ever laughed this many times in one day. But how can I help it? Mr. Goth Guy is a plant lover. Pfft, how cute.

"Do you think he would let me help him? I've always loved plants. I was just never allowed to have any." I practically pleaded Blake.

"Well I'm not Ash so I can't speak for him, but he shouldn't have a problem with that." I didn't even get a straight answer and I'm so happy.

"You can help me with what I'm supposed to do today. I'm changing the soil for the flowers today."

"I'll definitely help. Just tell me what to do!" I shouted.

"There's a storage room at the back of the greenhouse. Think you can grab the soil?" Blake asked me.

"Of course I can." And with that I started giggling and skipping down the aisles like a crack head, off to find the soil. And if I would've looked back. I would have seen Ash there at the door. Smiling at me with adoration.