Chapter Twenty-One

Warning: Mentions and actions of self-harm and anorexia. This book is entirely fictitious. Do not romanticize metal health disorders.

    "Today, smoking's gonna save lives." I let out a horrified gasp as the man I learned was called Dwight threw a lit cig into a waste basket. "Oh my god, uh, Oh my god." Pam said while pointing to the smoky hallway. My slight horror turned into stifled laughter as Dwight's own plan backfired on him. I lost it when this guy- Kevin -ran down a camera man and a blond lady took a cat out of the filing cabinet.

   "What the heck even is this show?" I gasped out with tears pouring down my face. I clutched my sides as I fell off my favorite seat in the movie room. I laid there trying to catch my breath from all the funny commotion.

    "That, my friend, is one of my favorite clips from my favorite tv show, The Office." I looked up to watch Rowan lift himself from where he was sitting beside me. He bent down and effortlessly picked me up, setting me down on top of his lap back on my favorite couch. I blushed from the close proximity; as always.

    Ever since I confided in Ash a week ago at the mall everyone has been even more affectionate and touchy feely. I think he told the other boys that I really cared for them as friends. I didn't mind that he told. It's not like I asked him not too. I'm just wondering if they caught on that I like everyone a bit more than "just friends".

   "What are you thinking about Ol?" Row asked me as he searched up another clip. He told me that we would have to start from the beginning on a different day. Preferably one where we could stay in here all day.

   "Friends."

   "You know that tv show?" Row replied surprised. "Sorry, but if you want to watch that you'll have to wait for Blake. I don't really enjoy it." I cocked my head to the side as I asked Rowan what Friends was.

   "I was talking about actual friends. Like everyone here. What's this Friends tv show?" Rowan chuckled as he pulled me closer, drawing the blanket tighter around us.

   "I can't really explain it better than the title. It's kind of like a Big Bang Theory. Actually, never mind. You probably don't know what that is either." I shook my head to confirm his suspicions. "Say hun, how do you know so many Disney movies if you've never watched tv?" I smiled through my embarrassment as I began to answer his question.

    "I've never actually watched all the Disney movies. I wasn't allowed tv when I was at my parents house, and I never had any friends growing up. I know the songs from YouTube clips and Spotify. I've read the classic fairy tales and that's how I know about the princesses. The only princess I've actually seen the movie for is Aladdin. I was at a neighbor's house babysitting and her granddaughters had it on. Whatever princesses aren't in old fairy tales I read about online."

    "Why do you like princesses so much? Not that it's a bad thing. It's actually quite cute." I blushed with a small smile as I went on to answer.

    "I could care less if they were glitzy and pretty. I guess it's just a bonus that I was more open to feminine ideas. I grew up reading the original fairy tales. Some were sadder than others. But most had actual happy endings. All these girls would have a terrible life and then earn their freedom and happiness. Along the way they would meet the love of their lives to help them. I guess I just always wanted one for myself. Unlike most people, I'm okay with the idea of Prince Charming coming to save me. It won't bruise my pride and independence." I let out a small chuckle that I quickly stop as I look up into Rowan's chestnut eyes.

   He stared at me deeply as he leaned closer. "What about seven prince charmings?" My breath caught as he whispered into the silent room. I moved impossibly closer being captivated by his velvety smooth voice. "I-I wouldn't m-mind multiple p-prince charmings," I whisper out. Rowan licks his bottom lip as he moves even closer. He pushes us until I'm laying comfortably under him on the couch. The blanket laying forgotten on the floor.