Chapter Twenty

Warning: Mentions and actions of self-harm and anorexia. This book is entirely fictitious. Do not romanticize mental health disorders.

     Rowan dropped us off at one of the main entrances while he went to go in search of a parking spot. I quietly observed my surroundings as Nico lead us into the mall, away from the chilly nip of late November air. I've never really been to a mall before. I've seen them in passing, but I can't remember the last time I was in one. Was I ever?

   I figured that we would part from Nico and Blake as they waited for Rowan, however, Ash found a small metal bench and sat down. Apparently content on making sure Blake and Nico behave until their counterpart arrives. I awkwardly stood off to the side of everyone. Feeling very out of place. Seeing as it was only a couple days before Thanksgiving the mall was very crowded.

   It was a little overwhelming honestly. The mall was completely white and large and bright and loud and very very very overwhelming. Not trying to cause a scene I suck it up and pick the lesser of the two evils and scoot closer to the boys. I flinch when I feel an arm around my shoulders suddenly.  I look up to see Rowan giving me an apologetic smile.

   "Sorry that this place is so full Ollie. This mall is shared between this town and two others. So that means lots of foot traffic." I nod along to his words. Makes sense as to why I feel like I'm back on the crowded hallways of high school.

    "Now that you're here let's finally get this show on the road. I have big plans of doing nothing when we get back home," Ash spoke from the bench, opening his previously closed eyes to stare boredly at the strangers around him.

   "I don't think some one likes all these people either Ol," Blake whispered conspiratorially is my ear. I let out a small smile and accompanying giggle at Ash's annoyed face. Ash slowly got up from the bench and made his way to me, grabbing my hand with a roll of his eyes and walking away from the other three boys.

   "Let's go find you some cute panties Oliver." I squeak in indignant surprise to Ash's seemingly serious suggestion. I'm about to reply when I catch his eyes and the evil smirk resting on his lips. I huff and turn my body with a blush on my cheeks. I think about speeding ahead but the thought of losing Ash keeps me from making a point. Instead I decide to silently pout.

   Do boys even wear panties? I thought they were for girls? Do they make panties specifically for boys? Are they comfortable? Without thinking I quickly turn my head curiously to Ash and ask my question in a little too loud of a voice.

   "Have you ever worn panties Ash?" A couple heads turn, making me blush scarlet as I realize my question was overheard. After getting over his shock Ash chuckles and grabs my hand, leading me away from a mother glaring disapprovingly at me.

   "I've not worn panties Oliver, sorry."

   "Oh." I looked away a little sad that I didn't get my curiosity fully sated.

   "However- and don't tell him I told you -Jaime will occasionally wear them." I gasp and look over to Ash with new found excitement.

  "Really!? Do they make them specifically for boys? Are they comfortable?" My voice was starting to rise a little again in my excitement. Ash shook his head and replied to me. Looking a little exasperated and amused at the same time.

    "I never said I've worn them. Only that I've purchased them for Jaime." I blushed that Ash bought panties for Jaime. "I don't know personally if they're comfortable but I can't imagine Jaime wearing them if they weren't." I nod along at that in silent agreement. Jaime dresses purely for comfort. He came to the mall today dressed in sweats and a sweatshirt with some fuzzy socks and Uggs on. He looked kind of cute. I wonder what he looks like in the panties? Ahhhh!! Pull your head out of the gutter Oliver!!