Chapter Twenty-Four

Warning: Possible mentions of self harm and anorexia. Do not romanticize mental health disorders.

"What color would you like Ollie?"

"I-I don't know. Anything's f-fine."

   Jaimie and I were currently sitting on my bedroom floor. He was keeping me company while I took a special IV. It was called intravenous feeding. I had the option between tube feeding and this. If I chose to be tube fed than I wouldn't get to eat real food. With this IV all I have to do is try to eat full meals and it will supplement them.

   I've gone to two more therapy sessions sense being bedridden. I've been working on my relationship with my mind and body. It's not perfect or anywhere close to a healthy relationship. I've just decided to let go of some control.

   "I'll just do one of every color then." I smiled at Jaimie showing my consent before getting lost in my thoughts again.

   My therapist explained that a big reason I limit my calories is for control. I hadn't thought of it like that but it made sense when she explained it. We've also been doing some exercises pertaining to how I see my body image. It's only been two weeks so my mind set hasn't changed a lot but it's changed enough for me to realize I need to gain some weight.

   That being said my therapist joined forces with Dr. Uwej and gave me nutrition supplement options. It was nice that in the end the decision was all mine.

   "There! All done Ollie!" I looked down at my nails and smiled. Every finger nail had a different pastel of the rainbow.

   "Thank you Jaimie. Would you like me to do yours?" Jaimie nodded his head excitedly and pushed all his nail polish bottles to me.

   "I want my nails hot pink!" I laughed at his cheery tone and nodded my approval.

   "That color suits you. Very vibrant and pretty." My eyes widened as I looked at Jaimie's cheeks and the soft pink covering them. Get a load of this. Jaimie blushed! I made Jaimie blush!! I did a little happy dance in my head before starting on Jaimie's nails.

  "So, how long do you have to get the IV for anyways?" Jaimie apparently was done with the silence and started conversation. I didn't mind all that much considering I liked talking to him.

   "Just once a night for two or three months. It depends on how much food I can get myself to eat during the day."

   "Well I believe in you Ollie!" Jaimie moved the hand I wasn't working on and fist bumped the air.

   "T-Thank you Jaimie. I really hope I can get better too." I laughed at Jaimie as he started yelling once more. All about how I was super strong and was gonna make a super duper quick recovery.

   "What's with all the yelling?" Jaimie and I looked to my door to see Rowan leaning against the frame.

   "Ollie's painting my nails! Wanna see!? They're soooo pretty!!" I blushed as Jaimie showed off his finished right hand to Rowan. In turn making Rowan chuckle. The muscled man pushed himself off from the door frame and began to make his way over, patting Jaimie on the head when close enough.

   "Those do look really pretty bubs." I blushed and looked down as Rowan called Jaimie the affectionate term. Not at all wanting to put the pieces together once more and have my mind overthink the outcome.

   "Do you think you can paint mine love bug?" I startled as I realized Rowan was talking to me and not Jaimie. My blush grew brighter as I quickly nodded my head.

   "O-Of course I c-can Row." I smiled as I gently placed Jaimie's hand back in his lap, finishing his last nail. I then pat the empty spot next to me for Rowan to sit down on.