Hidden

"With all due respect Master Beorn," Lyla huffed indignantly as she rested on the giant's shoulder once again, "As much as I appreciate the sentiment of you protecting me from the company, kidnapping me hardly seems a logical reaction."

Beorn laughed as he set the hobbit down on a rather high table and patted her on the head gently. "Indeed little bunny, don't worry yourself so! I have not kidnapped you!"

Lyla hazarded a glance to the ground and surmised that jumping would be a stupid idea.

It probably wouldn't kill her.

But it would certainly hurt.

Hadn't kidnapped her?

Ha!

She grumbled in annoyance and folded her arms around herself. "I'm hard pressed to believe that."

She had been scooped up and whisked away (despite the protests of a few of the company members) as soon as she had come back into the giant's presence. And now she found herself in a bedroom of sorts, a massive door standing between herself and her dwarven company, and sitting on a rather large table with no foreseeable method of getting to the floor.

Beorn could say what he liked, but Lyla was certain she'd been kidnapped.

As it was the giant simply grinned and handed her a large piece of honeycomb.

Lyla, much to her embarrassment, felt her stomach rumble, and she took the proffered treat without hesitation, delighting in the silky texture of the morsel as it slid down her throat.

That is until a large finger poked at her stomach gently.

"I beg your pardon!" She stuttered, her cheeks flaming, "What on earth are you doing?!"

Beorn chuckled, "I was trying to determine just where all my food seems to disappear to. I've never met a creature so small, who loved food so much! Indeed you have quite the appetite."

Lyla sniffed, "I'll have you know that I have the same appetite as your average hobbit. I'm not a glutton thank you very much!"

The giant laughed again, "I meant no offense, little bunny. Truly I did not. I am merely astonished."

"As I told you before, I am NOT a bunny or a rabbit or an animal of any kind," Lyla muttered, a scowl playing on her lips even as she continued to nibble on the honeycomb.
Bunny indeed.

Beorn brought forth a bowl of water and a large rag.

"Never you fear little bunny, I promise that you haven't been kidnapped," He reassured her earlier suspicions, but stopped quite suddenly, his bushy eyebrows knitting together and his expression going thoughtful, "Well, not permanently anyway. Though perhaps I may rescind that testament and keep you here after all."

Then he winked at her, a toothy grin gracing his face.

"But you can't just keep me here!" She admonished with a deep frown, "I'm not some pet for you to lavish your attentions on!"

"Oh but you'd be very content here!" Beorn remarked cheerfully, "You'd want for nothing: food, shelter, a relaxing bed. It'd all be provided for you. I could take care of your every need my little rabbit."

"I am NOT a rabbit Master Beorn. I have a name you know!"

Beorn waved off her remark, "And you'd be safe here! Much safer than you have been," His eyes darkened as he gazed at Lyla, eyes darting across her face and down to her neck.

She rubbed her bruised throat self-consciously and gazed at the floor..

Then the giant laughed again suddenly, his face brightening and ruffled her hair, a smile tugging at his lips as he dipped the rag in the warm water, "No you are not to remain here I suppose, my little bunny. Much too spirited to be caged up. Though I may not return you to your company anytime soon. Best let them stew over their actions yes? So let's get you cleaned up and refreshed and then you get some rest. I'll take care of your dwarves."