Barrels

WARNING: Depictions of Violence

"What are you?" Galion muttered, his speech slightly slurred, "Some sort of rabbit?"

Lyla huffed.

Was everyone blind?!

Did she truly look like a rabbit?

Honestly...

"I am NOT a rabbit thank you. I'm a hobbit." She stepped back as the elf slowly inched forward.

"Leave the hobbit alone, ye little snivelin' princess elf lass," Bofur growled, his fingers grasping tightly at the bars of the his cell.

Galion chuckled darkly eyeing Lyla, "Oh I think not." The elf smirked, "I think I've finally found that missing creature you've all been hiding. And-" He glanced over at Bofur who was seething, "I think I've found something that finally annoys you."

The elf turned and lunged at the hobbit, who let out a small squeak of surprise and tried to duck out of the way.

But there wasn't much room. And Galion was very tall. So she did the only thing she could think of.

She ducked between his legs and stumbled backwards towards the cells.

Galion growled, "Get back here you ugly little rat!" he snarled turning towards the cells as Lyla scrambled to her feet backing up down the hall.

She had to get away from him.

But she had to get the keys as well.

"Ah no thanks, I'd rather not," She replied knowing her next words would get her in trouble. "I'm certain that I don't really need to enjoy the company of someone not even fit enough to protect his home. That's why you were sent down here isn't it? Couldn't handle the chaos upstairs."

Oh her Tookish mouth!

Galion snarled and stalked towards her as Lyla took off down the hall pulling the ring from her pocket. Thank goodness for the element of surprise.

She gave a shriek as her legs were pulled out from under her and nearly dropped the ring.

Galion, it appeared, was far closer than she suspected.

Element of surprise indeed.

Said elf hauled Lyla to her feet and, fisting the collar of her jacket in his large bony hand, lifted the hobbit into the air until her feet were dangling and she was face to face with the enraged elf man.

"You petulant little sniveling rat!" He hissed in her face, "How dare you!" Then he gaze narrowed further as his eyes travelled down to her hand.
Her hand that was clasped into a tight fist. Hiding her ring.

"What do you have there," he muttered darkly, trying to reach for Lyla's fingers.

She tried to jerk away, kicking her feet.

And she refused to unclench her fist, a dread filling her belly at the strange glint in Galion's eye.

He couldn't get the ring.

She couldn't let him.

"Give it to me," The elf whispered dangerously, eyes flashing as his fingers closed around Lyla's hand, trying to pry them open.

She struggled to pull her hand away.

"No."

"You carry something," Galion murmured, "Something of great power. Give it to me."

His grip tightened around Lyla's hand until it was alarmingly painful.

Lyla hissed but would not release her fingers. She kicked her feet and twisted as far from his reaching hand as possible.